Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steeler minority owner Jimmy Haslam on verge of acquiring Browns controlling interest

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you'll notice that it didn't say "in the 50s", but rather said "since the 50s"...

Well, it's still historically inaccurate: In the 1960s the Browns were 15-5 vs. the Steelers. And in the 1980s, the Browns were 12-8. So, overall point understood, but the tagline is inaccurate.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns%E2%80%93Steelers_rivalry[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Well, it's still historically inaccurate: In the 1960s the Browns were 15-5 vs. the Steelers. And in the 1980s, the Browns were 12-8. So, overall point understood, but the tagline is inaccurate.
    I understand your point, but technically it's not inaccurate because since the 50s the Steelers have won 60 games while the Browns have won 40 games in their head-to-head meetings.

but I do agree with you, the tagline would more accurately read "since the 60s"

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 08-05-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Joe Haden faces four-game suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2012

Jimmy Haslam may be having a mild case of buyer’s remorse.

With questions swirling about the knee of top-three draft pick Trent Richardson, a report has now emerged that 2010 top-1o pick Joe Haden could miss the first four games of the season for violating the league’s policy against steroids and related substances.

Will Burge and Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com report that the league currently is “reviewing” a failed drug test for Adderall, a banned substance.

Per the report, Haden has been informed that he tested positive. He apparently has not yet filed an appeal.

If there’s an appeal, the suspension could be delayed indefinitely. Some appeals in the past have taken months to complete; Haden wouldn’t be suspended until the process ends.

For Haden, if he had a prescription to take Adderall, he could finagle a reduction or complete reversal of the suspension. However, recent precedent from the league on that point has been all over the map.

Then again, because teams and the league can say nothing about the reason for a player’s suspension under the steroids policy, it’s possible that Adderall has become the new dog-ate-my-homework-style excuse for players who don’t want to be stigmatized by the “S” word.

For now, all anyone can do is wait and see. The team has said and will say nothing publicly, unless and until the suspension is official.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/08/report-joe-haden-faces-four-game-suspension/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

For Haden, if he had a prescription to take Adderall, he could finagle a reduction or complete reversal of the suspension. However, recent precedent from the league on that point has been all over the map.
    Yeah..."all over the map" pretty much describes all of Goodell's discipline policies in a nutshell.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.