Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Steelers are placed on the PUP list

Legend

User Info Menu

Six Steelers are placed on the PUP list

Six Steelers on PUP list

Posted 7/25/12

The Steelers have placed safety Damon Cromartie-Smith, nose tackle Casey Hampton, linebacker James Harrison, running back Rashard Mendenhall, offensive tackle Max Starks and linebacker Jason Worilds on the PUP (Physically Unable To Perform) List, the team announced today.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Six-Steelers-on-PUP-list/b1cff387-c2c9-4e83-a6e7-8114ac640453[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Six Steelers on PUP list

Posted 7/25/12

The Steelers have placed safety Damon Cromartie-Smith, nose tackle Casey Hampton, linebacker James Harrison, running back Rashard Mendenhall, offensive tackle Max Starks and linebacker Jason Worilds on the PUP (Physically Unable To Perform) List, the team announced today.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Six-Steelers-on-PUP-list/b1cff387-c2c9-4e83-a6e7-8114ac640453[/URL]
    Three of these I expected...

Cromartie-Smith, Harrison and Worilds I did not...

Legend

User Info Menu

Six Steelers open camp on PUP list

Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2012

The Pittsburgh Steelers have gathered in Latrobe for training camp. Six members of the team will begin the journey on the physically unable to perform list.

They are safety Damon Cromartie-Smith, nose tackle Casey Hampton, linebacker James Harrison, running back Rashard Mendenhall, tackle Max Starks, and linebacker Jason Worilds.

Hampton and Mendenhall are both recovering from torn ACLs. Starks, who re-signed with the Steelers last week, also is working his way back from an ACL tear.

Worilds had offseason wrist surgery, and Harrison missed time during OTAs with some sort of leg injury.

Teams have no obligation to provide any specific injury information until the first week of the regular season. The six players on the PUP list can emerge at any time during training camp or the preseason. If not ready to go by the final roster cuts, the players would land on the PUP list for at least six weeks of the regular season.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/25/six-steelers-open-camp-on-pup-list/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it was interesting at the presser that Tomlin got asked about OLB depth and he mentioned he's excited to get Chris Carter some reps. The way he said it, it seems like Tomlin might be high on Carter. That surprised me a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

These guys can be activated from PUP at any time throughout the preseason (but if they remain on the PUP at the start of the regular season, then they must miss the first 6 weeks). It's possible that Harrison, Worild, or Cromartie-Smith could just be excused from the conditioning test and the first few practices for now, and may be back next week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    These guys can be activated from PUP at any time throughout the preseason (but if they remain on the PUP at the start of the regular season, then they must miss the first 6 weeks). It's possible that Harrison, Worild, or Cromartie-Smith could just be excused from the conditioning test and the first few practices for now, and may be back next week.
    I heard Tomlin say in his press conference that Harrison's knee has been giving him some problems but that he will be fine and they are just being precautionary by putting him on the PUP list.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

• Harrison, who is on the physically unable to perform list because of a sore knee, said the back injury that required a pair of surgeries within a month last year is fine. “Last year at this time I was six month from two back surgeries. I feel good now,” Harrison said.

— Mark Kaboly

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2265466-85/harrison-team-practice-injury-rookie-steelers-decastro-former-foster-guard[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    • Harrison, who is on the physically unable to perform list because of a sore knee, said the back injury that required a pair of surgeries within a month last year is fine. “Last year at this time I was six month from two back surgeries. I feel good now,” Harrison said.

— Mark Kaboly

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2265466-85/harrison-team-practice-injury-rookie-steelers-decastro-former-foster-guard[/URL]
    These injuries compound with age and become harder to come back from. Good call keeping him out of the fray for a bit. He still has the camaraderie of camp, but not the physical abuse. It's not like Tomlin, LeBeau and Butler don't know what he can do already.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    These injuries compound with age and become harder to come back from. Good call keeping him out of the fray for a bit. He still has the camaraderie of camp, but not the physical abuse. It's not like Tomlin, LeBeau and Butler don't know what he can do already.
    The only problem with an idle James Harrison is he has more time to talk about not peeing on Goodell if he catches fire

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought it was interesting at the presser that Tomlin got asked about OLB depth and he mentioned he's excited to get Chris Carter some reps. The way he said it, it seems like Tomlin might be high on Carter. That surprised me a bit.
    I agree. I thought he made that very obvious in the presser. I like Carter and I hope he does well. We need some youth and depth at OLB. Worilds is always hurt and this might be Harrison's last year or 2.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.