Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Mike Wallace...

Backup

User Info Menu

My thoughts on Mike Wallace...

Ok, had to start a new thread with a fresh question regarding Mike's hold out. A logical person would assume that Wallace has drafted a plan that he thinks will work in his favor at some point down the road. He now missed the opening of training camp...

Given that the Steelers have a history of NOT negotiating until a player shows up for training camp, what is his ace in the hole? If you were him, how do you envision this turning out in your favor?

IMO, the only thing I can see him holding out for is the hope that the new receivers don't pan out and the offense sputters because of it, and the Steelers cave. Other than that, every day he misses from here on out is only hurting his chance to gel with the offense and showcase his stuff for next year's bidding war.

I dont see another reason for him to hold out, and if he has no plan but waiting until the last six games to sign, I hope that Tomlin keeps his butt on the inactive roster or keeps him on the bench until the season is over. Let him take those highlight reels to his next big money gig...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know what his plan is either. There has been a lot of talk, but not much coming from either side about the details of their negotiations. Either way, I hope that they can come to a resolution because I believe he gives the Steelers a better chance to win than without him. That said, if he doesn't show then it's his career and he's got to live with the fallout.

Legend

User Info Menu

His plan appears to be to prove how much he is clueless about contract negotiations.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    Ok, had to start a new thread with a fresh question regarding Mike's hold out. A logical person would assume that Wallace has drafted a plan that he thinks will work in his favor at some point down the road. He now missed the opening of training camp...

Given that the Steelers have a history of NOT negotiating until a player shows up for training camp, what is his ace in the hole? If you were him, how do you envision this turning out in your favor?

IMO, the only thing I can see him holding out for is the hope that the new receivers don't pan out and the offense sputters because of it, and the Steelers cave. Other than that, every day he misses from here on out is only hurting his chance to gel with the offense and showcase his stuff for next year's bidding war.

I dont see another reason for him to hold out, and if he has no plan but waiting until the last six games to sign, I hope that Tomlin keeps his butt on the inactive roster or keeps him on the bench until the season is over. Let him take those highlight reels to his next big money gig...
    The Steelers have already set the precedent. They must follow through because Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are watching how Mike Wallace is being dealt with very closely...after all, they are both RFAs after this season...

If the Steelers indulge Wallace's holdout, they can expect two more holdout WRs next season...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only thing he can do at this point is suck it up and show up to camp or hold out for 11 games, play 6 and be on his way. It's a shame he's not listening to his agent or his he listening too much?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post

i wouldnt want to see tomlin bench him. i would make him work for his salary. maybe we could trade him or maybe wallace gets hurt those last 6 games and he wont make the big FA money the next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i wouldnt want to see tomlin bench him. i would make him work for his salary. maybe we could trade him or maybe wallace gets hurt those last 6 games and he wont make the big FA money the next year.
    I agree that it would be best to work him- the team will be better with him playing. Heck, it could work to our advantage with him coming on in the playoff chase rested.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he holds out for 10 games, I hope Tomlin plays him on Special Teams.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I agree that it would be best to work him- the team will be better with him playing. Heck, it could work to our advantage with him coming on in the playoff chase rested.
    While I agree that he would add fresh legs for a playoff run, if he held out until the last six games then I would not want to see him in the uniform at all. I know its a business and he needs to look out for himself, but by that point he would have shown that he doesn't care about being a Steeler and I would consider him a cancer on the team. I believe in loyalty above all else (when its earned).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm fairly positive that if Wallace decided to sit out the first ten games of the season and only return for the last six games the Steelers would opt to pay him to stay away from the team and place him on the inactive list.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha