Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Bout a Trade

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If i am ARII i would fire Kevin Colbert ASAP for a trade of MJD for Mike Wallace.

MJD is not happy with the contract. He wants more money. How is he different from Mike Wallace? In fact he is worse than Mike Wallace because MJD is under contract for 2 yrs. MW is not under contract. Why in the world would one trade for MJD?? If you want to pay, pay to your own player and pro-bowl WRs are difficult to find than a RB. RBs in NFL are dime a dozen.

And when you have a HOF QB you don't trade a pro-bowl WR for RB. A big NO.

Mike Wallace for Revis would be a great trade but again Revis wants money. Big Money.On top of that he is a diva. Would you make Revis highest paid Steelers player? People have trouble giving Mike Wallace 10 million/yr why would anyone give so much money to a CB to play 10 yards away from a WR???
    Last edited by grotonsteel; 07-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    If i am ARII i would fire Kevin Colbert ASAP for a trade of MJD for Mike Wallace.

MJD is not happy with the contract. He wants more money. How is he different from Mike Wallace? In fact he is worse than Mike Wallace because MJD is under contract for 2 yrs. MW is not under contract. Why in the world would one trade for MJD?? If you want to pay, pay to your own player and pro-bowl WRs are difficult to find than a RB. RBs in NFL are dime a dozen.

And when you have a HOF QB you don't trade a pro-bowl WR for RB. A big NO.

Mike Wallace for Revis would be a great trade but again Revis wants money. Big Money.On top of that he is a diva. Would you make Revis highest paid Steelers player? People have trouble giving Mike Wallace 10 million/yr why would anyone give so much money to a CB to play 10 yards away from a WR???

the term 'pro bowl' player has no meaning anymore.
    wrs and rbs are a dime a dozen anymore in the nfl, elite ones are scarce. wallace is not elite, mjd is.

Rookie

User Info Menu

No trade.

Wallace will play at least this year for the Steelers. His best chance of getting a contract is to play well this year. Sitting out 10 games and then being inactive for the last 6, which is probably what the Steelers would do, will not earn him a contract any better than what the Steelers are offering now and probably worse...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No trade.

Wallace will play at least this year for the Steelers. His best chance of getting a contract is to play well this year. Sitting out 10 games and then being inactive for the last 6, which is probably what the Steelers would do, will not earn him a contract any better than what the Steelers are offering now and probably worse...
    I think I understand your line of thinking. However, SOME team that is desperate for a guy with those kind of burners will pay a whole lot for a guy like MW. We see teams overpay for guys all the time. Even with a year off, Bus Cook will get someone to show MW the money.

My hope is that it doesn't come to that since the Steelers have a better chance to be more successful with Mike than without him.

Legend

User Info Menu

WRs and RBs are both a dime a dozen. I don't really want to pay either.

I'd be cool with Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.

I'd consider overpaying the diva Revis because he just might be worth it.

Just considering the reality that we may not get something done with Wallace. So do we just risk losing him for 10 games and then him being gone next year with nothing in return? or do we possibly try and trade him now and get something back.

It sounded like Jax has themselves pinned in a corner with MJD. And surprisingly he's only about 1 year older than Wallace. He's really compact and hard to get a shot on and might outlast the typical NFL RB.

There might be some other possibilities. I'd even consider trying to get draft picks if we can't sign him. That's a big if of course. I just figure as soon as I talk about trading him, maybe we'll sign him to make my post a moot point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think I understand your line of thinking. However, SOME team that is desperate for a guy with those kind of burners will pay a whole lot for a guy like MW. We see teams overpay for guys all the time. Even with a year off, Bus Cook will get someone to show MW the money.

My hope is that it doesn't come to that since the Steelers have a better chance to be more successful with Mike than without him.
    Too bad Al Davis isn't around...we would easily get 2 1sts and 2 2nds for Wallace, and Darren McFadden probably. But considering they've probably already traded those picks for the forseeable future, the payoff wouldn't likely be seen until around 2018...about the 3rd year for all those 2015 picks.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No trade.

What are Steelers offering Mike Wallace? I have not heard any number from Steelers yet. I would assume Mike Wallace would be getting similar money to DeSean Jackson.

I don't think MW will sit 10 games. He will show up before 3rd preseason game.
    Steelers Draft 2015

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

But, if the contract offer next year is no better than the Steelers', what good did it do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No trade.
    +1

I would not trade Mike Wallace. Let him play this season and if Steelers don't sign him either put a franchise tag or let him go find another team next season. Steelers are not building the team for future. They are in it for SB win this season and Mike Wallace will make life easy for Steelers Offense.
    Steelers Draft 2015

Administrator

User Info Menu

Revis is better at CB than what Wallace is at WR. That is why I would pay him 10 mil/year before I would do the same / Wallace.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.