Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Bout a Trade

Legend

User Info Menu

How Bout a Trade

MJD is holding out in Jax. Wally won't sign his tender in Pittsburgh.

How bout we trade em?

MJD was a stud with nothing around him. Imagine what he could do in Pittsburgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Even better, Revis isn't happy with the Jets. Wonder if they'd be interested in a WR? I'd rather pay Revis a boatload of money over a WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

You'd have to get rid of a whole lot more than Wallace to get either MJD or Revis under the cap. Our cap situation is a big part of the problem. That said, I'd take either of them over Wallace in a heartbeat.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MJD is getting old isn't he? It seems like he's been around forever
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    MJD is getting old isn't he? It seems like he's been around forever
    Only 6 years, and he split time the first 3 before being the workhorse the last 3. He's 27 right now and should be good for probably another 3 years.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Patience. Mike will sign his tender and the FO will get a long term contract deal done.
    "Let's see...who do we play next Sunday?"

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/dart5219/BeliCheat.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Only 27? Wow. Just seems like he's been around longer than that
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wallace benefits this offense by taking the top off of defenses. We have a stable of RBs with alot of potential, no need for MJD, imo. Revis, that would be great but for the $$$ issues.

I think and hope they come together on Mike's contract before they leave Latrobe.

Legend

User Info Menu

MJD has more carries in the last 3 seasons than anyone else in the league (where RB's typically break down early in their careers if overused), and Revis is an insufferable diva who wants his league-best contract for corners renegotiated every damn year. People here are complaining about Wallace wanting to be paid (he's never made big money before...only $1.7 million total for 3 excellent seasons), and hate the fact that he is not in camp (even though he currently does not have a contract). Well, both of the guys you suggest already have big contracts but still want more money. If I'm going to pay big dollars, I'm going to pay it to one of my guys.

That said, if you do want to talk trade, this is something that I would consider...

The only place on our team where I see that we have aging starters with no legit depth behind them is at safety.

I'd include Wallace in a package for a young stud safety like Earl Thomas in Seattle or Eric Berry in K.C. (even though he was injured for all but one game last year).

I mentioned in the past something like Mike Wallace and Ryan Clark to Seattle for Earl Thomas and Doug Baldwin.

They'd have Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice, and Golden Tate (plus Zach Miller and Kellen Winslow) as offensive weapons (the threat of Wallace's deep speed could also remove a safety from the box, making things easier for Marshawn Lynch), and Ryan Clark could help mentor the young Kam Chancellor in their defensive backfield.

We'd have Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Doug Baldwin, and Jerricho Cotchery at wideout (still a quite solid foursome), and a dynamic young safety next to Troy in Earl Thomas (talk about a strength at safety...that would be awesome!).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    MJD has more carries in the last 3 seasons than anyone else in the league (where RB's typically break down early in their careers if overused), and Revis is an insufferable diva who wants his league-best contract for corners renegotiated every damn year. People here are complaining about Wallace wanting to be paid (he's never made big money before...only $1.7 million total for 3 excellent seasons), and hate the fact that he is not in camp (even though he currently does not have a contract). Well, both of the guys you suggest already have big contracts but still want more money. If I'm going to pay big dollars, I'm going to pay it to one of my guys.

That said, if you do want to talk trade, this is something that I would consider...

The only place on our team where I see that we have aging starters with no legit depth behind them is at safety.

I'd include Wallace in a package for a young stud safety like Earl Thomas in Seattle or Eric Berry in K.C. (even though he was injured for all but one game last year).

I mentioned in the past something like Mike Wallace and Ryan Clark to Seattle for Earl Thomas and Doug Baldwin.

They'd have Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice, and Golden Tate (plus Zach Miller and Kellen Winslow) as offensive weapons (the threat of Wallace's deep speed could also remove a safety from the box, making things easier for Marshawn Lynch), and Ryan Clark could help mentor the young Kam Chancellor in their defensive backfield.

We'd have Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Doug Baldwin, and Jerricho Cotchery at wideout (still a quite solid foursome), and a dynamic young safety next to Troy in Earl Thomas (talk about a strength at safety...that would be awesome!).
    I authorize you to make the trade with Seattle!!!!!! Go forth and do great things.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"