Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Manny Sanders Time!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

It's Manny Sanders Time!!!!!

Wally doesn't show, so I guess it's time for the next guy up.

Let's get this young man prepared for SuperBowl #7.

Maybe this accelerates Rainey or Maze in the slot and we end up better off in the end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sanders and Brown benefit from no Wallace. I hope they both have great seasons.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I have little faith Sanders can remain healthy for an entire season. It should be more like Brown and Cotch.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have little faith Sanders can remain healthy for an entire season. It should be more like Brown and Cotch.
    I figure it had more to do with not being able to recover and train with team doctors last offseason than a lingering issue. Guess we'll see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed: Steelers Likely to Suspend Talks with Wallace

WEDNESDAY, 25 JULY 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

The Steelers believe Mike Wallace will not report today for training camp and will resume a holdout that occurred all spring over contract negotiations.

With that stance by Wallace, the Steelers are likely to suspend negotiations on a multiple-year contract for their Pro Bowl wide receiver.

Next move, then, is up to Wallace apparently. He can either sign his one-year, $2.472 million offer on the table and report to training camp or, stay away.

I talked to both Max Starks and Emmanuel Sanders, two players having to learn the new offense, and I asked them if missing camp will hurt Wallace.

Starks: "I think in general, all of us, every player should want to be in training camp. I mean, this is a new offense and there are a lot of little nuances, even though some things will be consistent as far as our coaching staff.

"But as far as philosophy and what coach Haley wants to run, I think its important to get in here at this pace when it’s a little bit slower and get adjusted to it, get adjusted to the terminology – that’s usually the biggest thing that usually hurts people is coming in to a new type of system with the terminology and everything and thinking that everything’s consistent and it’s not. I mean I’m just happy to be here so I can start digesting all of it."

Sanders will replace Wallace while he holds out:

"I definitely will be in his spot at the ‘X’ position, but I got a good feeling that sometime, hopefully, about 4-5 or 3 days, Mike will be showing up.
    It will definitely be different, it’s going to be OTAs all over again.

"Mike is a smart guy, he picks up on things fairly well. I don’t have a problem with it, I doubt he’ll have a problem with it. The coaches are going to do everything they can do to make sure he understands the playbook.

" It’s definitely just X & Os, you don’t get that experience you get being out here or in OTAs. But they’ll give him his fair share of reps so he’’ catch up with us."

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117343-ed-steelers-likely-to-suspend-talks-with-wallace[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm hoping Sanders has a great year this year, he seems like a good kid and I'd like to see him do well for us!
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see this necessarily helping Sanders...with Wallace out, Sanders will now be spending more time at split end in camp.

However, when the actual season starts, Sanders will be seeing more time in the slot.

Sure, there may be some extra reps for Manny in the short term, but those reps will not be from the position where he will likely be playing the vast majority of his real reps when the actual games start, so how helpful is that really? (yeah, I know that all of the receivers should know how to play X, Y, and Z, but when learning a new offense, I'd rather Manny focus on his inside slot work right now rather than filling in outside).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't see this necessarily helping Sanders...with Wallace out, Sanders will now be spending more time at split end in camp.

However, when the actual season starts, Sanders will be seeing more time in the slot.

Sure, there may be some extra reps for Manny in the short term, but those reps will not be from the position where he will likely be playing the vast majority of his real reps when the actual games start, so how helpful is that really? (yeah, I know that all of the receivers should know how to play X, Y, and Z, but when learning a new offense, I'd rather Manny focus on his inside slot work right now rather than filling in outside).
    Once again. Wallace is the problem causing players to play out of position. Easy solution--just show up.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I get the feeling it will be Miller who actually benefits this season more than anyone. Should Wallace and the Steelers continue to butt heads.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sanders and Brown benefit from no Wallace. I hope they both have great seasons.
    They may benefit in the short term from some extra reps, but not having Wallace to draw coverage will ultimately hurt them once games start.