Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace officially a no-show; Steelers suspend negotiations

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I just don't see how that's passive/aggressive...

I mean, he can't say, "Well, we'll just have to wait for Mike. We won't have anybody running routes from the 'X' position."

I think it's less taking shots at Mike as it is answering the inevitable media questions and laying out specific answers so that he doesn't hear the same questions about Wallace day in and day out...
    Its definitely passive/aggressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Classy response...do you plan on cheering the multiple Ben-to-Wallace 40+ yard TD passes that will occur this season, or will you just still continue with the "F you wallace" attitude? Just curious (I don't understand the mindset of letting things like this get so personal...I doubt the folks who are directly involved such as Wallace/Cook or Colbert/Khan are taking this as personal as you are...it's just business...business tends to work it self out when both sides are motivated to get a deal done...and thus far, there is nothing to indicate that is no longer the case from either side).

you mean as classy as wallace is acting?
    wallace isnt a steeler. he chooses not to be one. he is not doing anything to help his former team or teammates succeed. i will not support him until he becomes a member of this team. i will view him as any other nfl player that holds out, as a distraction. as a greedy player that only cares about himself and not the team, organization or fans.
    i dont cheer for non steeler nfl players duringh the season unless they are helping my fantasy teams make me money. until he does something that benefits me or makes me happy, no i wont support him and have no reason to.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    Its definitely passive/aggressive.
    What's definitely passive/aggressive is not coming to camp...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    you mean as classy as wallace is acting?
    wallace isnt a steeler. he chooses not to be one. he is not doing anything to help his former team or teammates succeed. i will not support him until he becomes a member of this team. i will view him as any other nfl player that holds out, as a distraction. as a greedy player that only cares about himself and not the team, organization or fans.
    i dont cheer for non steeler nfl players duringh the season unless they are helping my fantasy teams make me money. until he does something that benefits me or makes me happy, no i wont support him and have no reason to.
    Concur. Wallace is the one who is choosing to not be part of the solution therefore he is part of the problem.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    At what point can the Steelers start to fine Wallace and reduce his pay or would be pay?
    Never. Mike Wallace is not a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers at this time as he has not signed his tender and therefore is not under contract. He is not required to report to camp or show up anywhere.

They could still drop his tender amount at any time but have stated they will not do so because he has earned the 2.74 million and is worth it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Never. Mike Wallace is not a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers at this time as he has not signed his tender and therefore is not under contract. He is not required to report to camp or show up anywhere.

They could still drop his tender amount at any time but have stated they will not do so because he has earned the 2.74 million and is worth it.

not positive but i believe that the only day that they could reduce his tender was june 15th

Starter

User Info Menu

I read somewhere that he is the only FA in the league who hasn't signed.

To me, when you extend professionalism towards the Rooneys, it is reciprocated.

Especially when they didn't knock down the offer when they could have.

Either his representation sucks or he is concussed. I really can't believe he was a no show.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Classy response...do you plan on cheering the multiple Ben-to-Wallace 40+ yard TD passes that will occur this season, or will you just still continue with the "F you wallace" attitude? Just curious (I don't understand the mindset of letting things like this get so personal...I doubt the folks who are directly involved such as Wallace/Cook or Colbert/Khan are taking this as personal as you are...it's just business...business tends to work it self out when both sides are motivated to get a deal done...and thus far, there is nothing to indicate that is no longer the case from either side).
    While it may be irrational, I get where the sentiment comes from. Fans just want players to care as much about the team and winning as we do. Maybe it would have been better to say F the business aspect of football instead of F Wallace. But I suspect the intent was the same.

And the Steelers will always be the Steelers with or without Wallace, so I can see why the fan response would be anger toward the player instead of the team.

There is no rational in being a fanatic afterall

Legend

User Info Menu

I blame the agent the most. I don't care who his past/current players are, you have to understand how each individual team works. What Detroit did, what Jacksonville did, means nothing. The Steelers simply will not deal with you if you don't come to camp. It's a stance they've had for decades. Why this chump of an agent thinks he will suddenly get them to change their S.O.P is head scratching and stupid. They are not going to blink and now you've put your client in a no-win situation.

I am hoping to see ben airing it out to Wallace on a regular basis, but this team is FAR from lost if Wallace (and agent) continue to act like jack asses and don't show up.

"What I’m going to do is work with Emmanuel Sanders because he’s here, and be excited about doing it.” - Tomlin (for some reason I really like this statement. And while some may see it as a swipe; I actually believe this is how Tomlin feels. It's not personal but he genuinely loves working with the players. He's excited that camp has started.)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    "What I’m going to do is work with Emmanuel Sanders because he’s here, and be excited about doing it.” - Tomlin (for some reason I really like this statement. And while some may see it as a swipe; I actually believe this is how Tomlin feels. It's not personal but he genuinely loves working with the players. He's excited that camp has started.)
    Exactly!

Tomlin's job is to get this team ready to compete. He can't work with Wallace if Wallace doesn't show up...his only choice is to work with the players who reported. "The standard is the standard."