Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Wallace officially a no-show; Steelers suspend negotiations

wallace must have an ego that can't listen or see the light it's obvious he either doesn't know steeler history or believes he's above steeler history. he won't get nothing if he isn't in camp but, maybe he already knows the steelers will never agree to what he wants even if he does sign for this season ?
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't think he'll show up for camp...I think he'll show up right after camp breaks. The last day in Latrobe is Friday, August 17th. The first preseason game at Heinz (preseason game #2) is Sunday, August 19th. The players will have Monday off and will report again for practice on Tuesday, August 21. I predict Wallace sign his RFA tender and will report on 8-21-12, and will play in the 3rd preseason game at Buffalo (the 3rd game in where the starters play the longest) on Saturday, August 25th. A long term deal will likely be finalized between preseason game #4 against Carolina on 8-30-12 and the season opener in Denver on 9-9-12.

not sure if your dates are correct but i think he may break and show up also. if he does, he will almost be forced to sign the steelers offer(unless its unbelievably low). if wallace is truly playiongh the 'injury' card, it wouldnt make sense for him to play all 16 just for the tender amount.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    it should be apparent by now that wallace doesnt care what team he plays for as long as he gets paid. i think he will still be able to get that money back. some ignorant owner will pay him a huge amount but i believe when all is said and done, the money he can make in pittsburgh will eventually be equal to that of another team. wallace can only hope that if he signs here that he can quickly make the fans forget about what a POS he has become during this situation.
    Is Rod Woodson a "POS" because he missed half his rookie season in a contract dispute?

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

will he be a distraction to the team if he does show up ? will he be moaning that the team isn't giving him his love or will he be complaining in the locker room, to the media about how he won't be back next season ?
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    will he be a distraction to the team if he does show up ? will he be moaning that the team isn't giving him his love or will he be complaining in the locker room, to the media about how he won't be back next season ?
    I doubt it...even if he only plays under the $2,724,000 tender, he would still make almost as much in 3 game checks as he made all of last season.

If he skipped out on the first 10 games, he'd lose $1.7 million in salary, which, oddly enough, is the total amount he has earned so far in 3 combined years as a pro.

Report: Steelers won’t trade Mike Wallace “at any point”
    Posted by Evan Silva on August 7, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT

Citing team sources, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers will not trade unsigned holdout wide receiver Mike Wallace “at any point this season.”

Dulac’s report also notes that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is “no longer supportive” of Wallace as he angles for a long-term deal. Pittsburgh wound up giving a contract it originally proposed to Wallace — or at least most of it — to fellow receiver Antonio Brown.

Per Dulac, the Steelers are willing to wait “several weeks” to see if Wallace caves. The organization does not anticipate Wallace reporting before it departs from St. Vincent College on August 18, and the Steelers appear to be just fine with that.

The Post-Gazette story is the latest in a string of strong signals from the Steelers that the club will not relent and meet Wallace’s contractual demands. G.M. Kevin Colbert recently told 93.7 in Pittsburgh that the Steelers will continue to stand their ground until Wallace signs his one-year, $2.742 million tender and reports to club headquarters.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-any-point/

Is Rod Woodson a "POS" because he missed half his rookie season in a contract dispute?
    Yes actually, Rod Woodson is a "POS" because of the way he handled his contract negotiations with the Steelers. If you recall how he parted ways with the Steelers, Mr. Woodson turned down a long term extension from the Steelers then tore his ACL. When the Steelers reduced their long term offer, Woodson ended up signing with the 49ers in a fit of pique for HALF of what the reduced Steelers offer was. I think that alone makes Woodson a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    Yes actually, Rod Woodson is a "POS" because of the way he handled his contract negotiations with the Steelers. If you recall how he parted ways with the Steelers, Mr. Woodson turned down a long term extension from the Steelers then tore his ACL. When the Steelers reduced their long term offer, Woodson ended up signing with the 49ers in a fit of pique for HALF of what the reduced Steelers offer was. I think that alone makes Woodson a POS.
    I wasn't talking about how he left...I was talking about how he arrived. He held out until late October of his rookie year, and fans still had "Rod is God" signs up in Three Rivers for him. If people think that Wallace is now a POS because he isn't at training camp, then they certainly should have thought that Woodson was a POS from day one, since he wasn't around for half of the actual games that count during his rookie season because of a contract dispute.

I wasn't talking about how he left...I was talking about how he arrived. He held out until late October of his rookie year, and fans still had "Rod is God" signs up in Three Rivers for him. If people think that Wallace is now a POS because he isn't at training camp, then they certainly should have thought that Woodson was a POS from day one, since he wasn't around for half of the actual games that count during his rookie season because of a contract dispute.
    I will give you Woodson's rookie holdout. The NFL was a very different place back then, there was no free agency whatsoever, there was no rookie slotting. If I recall correctly, if a player who was drafted failed to sign with the team that drafted him and sat out the entire year, he would go back into the draft the following year. But what makes Mike Wallace an almost incomprehensibly huge POS is that the system which makes 4th year players restricted (as opposed to unrestricted) free agents has been in place for almost 20 years and was ratified just last year in the new CBA negotiated by the player's union that Wallace is a member of. Wallace is the only 4th year player this year that refused to sign his tender, and seems to think that he is entitled to pretend that he is an unrestricted free agent. His disgustingly selfish conduct guarantees that no matter how many games he deigns to show up for this season, it will be his last as a Steeler.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Wallace to eventually cave, report to camp?

A source close to Steelers holdout Mike Wallace told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that he believes Wallace will "eventually be in camp."

It just may not happen right away. "(The source) said that there's a lot of healing that needs to be done -- for both sides," Holtzman reported. "... I'm also told, though, that it may be awhile before Wallace shows up here because the Steelers, about ten days ago, signed Antonio Brown to a long, six-year contract extension worth $40-something million, and I'm told 'that did not sit very well' with Wallace."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...report-to-camp
    So instead of being happy for his teammate, Mikey is butthurt that the team took care of someone who is in camp and working hard? Talk about a turd.