Thread: Which of Yinz is Going to Camp on Friday?

Legend

User Info Menu

Which of Yinz is Going to Camp on Friday?

Who's going this week? Who's gonna report back to the rest of us what's going on?

I'm starved for some football. And I want to see practice vicariously through some of yinz.

Who's going?

It feels like Christmas is coming, but not being able to get to Latrobe makes me feel like I'm a Jew.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It feels like Christmas is coming, but not being able to get to Latrobe makes me feel like I'm a Jew.
    I love it when a sentence is constructed that you can be 100% sure has never been used by another human in the entire history of our existence on this planet.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I love it when a sentence is constructed that you can be 100% sure has never been used by another human in the entire history of our existence on this planet.
    Flippy must be an anit-Latrob-ite

timwhatley.jpg
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Flippy must be an anit-Latrob-ite

timwhatley.jpg

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs. "Hey, denty!"

Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace is probably feeling about a quarter Jew right now.

Sorry if that wasn't politically correct. Maybe I should said I feel like Hanukka is coming and not being able to get to Latrobe make me feel like a Christian. But the Rooneys and Saint Vincent are Catholic, so the other way sounds right.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, I've been looking at dates on when I want to go. Maybe I'll go up this weekend sometime. It's my anniversary though. Heck, I'll take the wife to dinner in Latrobe, lol and do a stop at practice...yea, that'll work..She won't get mad, or will she?
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

They need to move St Vincent closer to Central Florida. Maybe a branch campus.

I haven't been to camp since the summer of 1978. Damn Army kept moving me all over the damn planet.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They need to move St Vincent closer to Central Florida. Maybe a branch campus.
    this is what it looks like Ovi, I have never been to training camp but it's definitely on my bucket list.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, I've been looking at dates on when I want to go. Maybe I'll go up this weekend sometime. It's my anniversary though. Heck, I'll take the wife to dinner in Latrobe, lol and do a stop at practice...yea, that'll work..She won't get mad, or will she?
    There's a nice EatnPark close to St Vincent. Get her a smiley cookie. All wives like smiley cookies. It makes em smiley.

If you're looking for something nicer, there's some restaurant at the Latrobe airport that's half decent. Can't remember the name. Was there a long time ago, but it's about as nice as Latrobe has got.

I also remember Sharky's and Dino's which have decent bar food if she's into places you could potentially get into a bar fight

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There's a nice EatnPark close to St Vincent. Get her a smiley cookie. All wives like smiley cookies. It makes em smiley.
    A more likely response would be the Frownie Brownie from King's.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.