Thread: Wallace sign.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    He couldn't even show at this point if he wanted to without signing the tender offer. So basically, he's not a "no show." He's not currently under contract.

Hopefully, this gets resolved quickly.
    Wallace may wait until after training camp to sign his tender and report...if so, negotiations will be suspended until that time...they will then have the remainder of the preseason to work out a long term deal, because the Steelers don't negotiate during the season...

There is still time to get a multi-year deal done, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Wallace may wait until after training camp to sign his tender and report...if so, negotiations will be suspended until that time...they will then have the remainder of the preseason to work out a long term deal, because the Steelers don't negotiate during the season...

There is still time to get a multi-year deal done, but I'm not going to hold my breath...
    You don't reward a guy by negotiating when he isn't around. If he doesn't show until the start of the season they he should have to play for his tender offer.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You don't reward a guy by negotiating when he isn't around. If he doesn't show until the start of the season they he should have to play for his tender offer.
    If he doesn't show up until the start of the season, that's what will happen...the Steelers will negotiate right up to the beginning of their first game (see Polamalu's contract), but once the season officially starts for the team, that's it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If he doesn't show up until the start of the season, that's what will happen...the Steelers will negotiate right up to the beginning of their first game (see Polamalu's contract), but once the season officially starts for the team, that's it...
    If I recall Troy was at training camp? Am I misremembering?

No Wallace at camp then no talkie to agent!!!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If I recall Troy was at training camp? Am I misremembering?

No Wallace at camp then no talkie to agent!!!!!!!!
    You misunderstand me...

Once Wallace reports, negotiations can begin again anc continue until the first game of the season...

Wallace is shortening his own negotiating window...