Thread: Wallace sign.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    that would be a steal if he signed for that. It seemed too good to be true...then I read further into the thread and realized it was too good to be true.
    Hardly a steal...

A fair deal? Sure...

But $20 mil guaranteed is absolutely not a steal...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Hardly a steal...

A fair deal? Sure...

But $20 mil guaranteed is absolutely not a steal...
    check out the list of salaries I posted in the thread about what people want wallace to sign for....

A player with his level of production for an average of 8.4M/yr absolutely is a steal.
    Last edited by D Rock; 07-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

check out the list of salaries I posted in the thread about what people want wallace to sign for....

A player with his level of production for an average of 8.4M/yr absolutely is a steal.
    I checked out the list and, as I said, $20 million guaranteed isn't a steal...

We will have to simply disagree...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I checked out the list and, as I said, $20 million guaranteed isn't a steal...

We will have to simply disagree...
    What about the 20 million guaranteed don't you like?

for the sake of easy numbers, if that is a 20 million signing bonus over 5 years it is only 4 million a year. take that down to 10 million and throw in a couple roster or workout bonuses in say years 2 and 3, then in years 4 and 5 that leaves 2 million per year in prorated signing bonus. If for whatever reason Mike Wallace has lost it by age 29, you can cut him and only owe that 4 million over 2 years. I don't see why 20 million guaranteed is an issue.

Rookie

User Info Menu

What about the 20 million guaranteed don't you like?

for the sake of easy numbers, if that is a 20 million signing bonus over 5 years it is only 4 million a year. take that down to 10 million and throw in a couple roster or workout bonuses in say years 2 and 3, then in years 4 and 5 that leaves 2 million per year in prorated signing bonus. If for whatever reason Mike Wallace has lost it by age 29, you can cut him and only owe that 4 million over 2 years. I don't see why 20 million guaranteed is an issue.
    It's not an issue. I would have absolutely no problem with $20 million guaranteed for a Wallace deal.

It's just not a steal....