Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace sign.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    First Mike Wallace doesn't sign yet and then I just heard George Jefferson died. Can anyone lay any more bad news on me in the next 2 minutes?
    Sherman's really movin' on up today...to a Deee-Luxe apartment in the sky...R.I.P.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm a reactor .
    Don't be a "NUCULAR" reactor.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    all the rooms at the holiday inn express are booked for the night

This, in fact, just happened to me tonight in Coralville Iowa, just outside of Iowa City.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    check out the list of salaries I posted in the thread about what people want wallace to sign for....

A player with his level of production for an average of 8.4M/yr absolutely is a steal.
    I checked out the list and, as I said, $20 million guaranteed isn't a steal...

We will have to simply disagree...

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like Weslye Saunders had some premature Twitteration of his own regarding the Wallace contract/non-contract:

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/24/steelers-tight-end-weslye-saunders-says-mike-wallace-has-new-deal/[/URL]

Steelers tight end Weslye Saunders says Mike Wallace has new deal
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2012, 5:57 PM EDT

Coach Mike Tomlin may not be the only Steelers employee to get a new contract on Tuesday.

He also may not be the only Steelers employee named “Mike” to get a new contract on Tuesday.

Tight end Weslye Saunders has congratulated receiver Mike Wallace on a new contract via a Twitter message. Saunders later tried to put the toothpaste back in the Twitter tube.

So apparently I may have jumped the gun about Mike and the new deal. Just pretend I ain't say nothin lol #CarryOn

Weslye Saunders (@Wes_Saunders8 July 24, 2012
    Wallace, a restricted free agent, has received a one-year tender worth $2.7 million. The Steelers opted not to reduce the tender dramatically on June 15, even though they could have.

The Steelers report for training camp on Tuesday. It’s still unknown whether Wallace will be there.

Perhaps the bigger question for now is whether Saunders will be.

UPDATE 6:00 p.m. ET: Saunders’ tweet may have come from inside information, or it may have come from an apparently erroneous report that Wallace has a new deal. Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Wallace does not yet have a new contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good sign seeing Saunders happy. He must be pretty confident that he fits in the long term plans.

C'Mon Wally, sign the contract already.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like Wallace said, don't believe everything the media -- or his teammates -- are saying. Once he is in camp and the team has released an official statement, then I'll be happy.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Like Wallace said, don't believe everything the media -- or his teammates -- are saying. Once he is in camp and the team has released an official statement, then I'll be happy.
    Me too, but we may have to wait a very long time to be happy. I'm not sure this ends soon. Let's hope it does.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

8 million/yr for MW is a good deal for Steelers. It was a win-win situation. Hopefully MW is signed to a long term deal by Steelers pretty soon.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I checked out the list and, as I said, $20 million guaranteed isn't a steal...

We will have to simply disagree...
    What about the 20 million guaranteed don't you like?

for the sake of easy numbers, if that is a 20 million signing bonus over 5 years it is only 4 million a year. take that down to 10 million and throw in a couple roster or workout bonuses in say years 2 and 3, then in years 4 and 5 that leaves 2 million per year in prorated signing bonus. If for whatever reason Mike Wallace has lost it by age 29, you can cut him and only owe that 4 million over 2 years. I don't see why 20 million guaranteed is an issue.