Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace sign.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Hardly a steal...

A fair deal? Sure...

But $20 mil guaranteed is absolutely not a steal...
    check out the list of salaries I posted in the thread about what people want wallace to sign for....

A player with his level of production for an average of 8.4M/yr absolutely is a steal.
    Last edited by D Rock; 07-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    hope its not true................too much money for what wallace brings to thne table and how we will lose other players next year because of the cap hit.
    we wont lose anybody the steelers want to keep.

the chicken little mentality of the board amuses the hell out of me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For reference:

Pierre Garcon signed a 5 yr deal for 42.5M, with 20.5M guaranteed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Reportedly 5 yrs 42 Million 20 guaranteed
    Nice work by Wallace and his agent. I got the $42 Million part right. I just thought it would be 6 years and $12M guaranteed. The Steelers must think very highly of Mike Wallace because they really caved on this contract taking into consideration his tender and the relative value of contracts signed by other WRs recently.

Just glad it's done. Now lets go win some SuperBowls!!!!!!!

Wooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    For reference:

Pierre Garcon signed a 5 yr deal for 42.5M, with 20.5M guaranteed.
    Dan Snyder is paying Pierre Garcon top-notch WR money, and will likely get Antwaan Randle El 2.0 (i.e. a solid complementary piece who is miscast as a difference-maker).

If we paid Mike Wallace the same top-notch WR money, we'd get a top-notch WR. Sounds like a good deal to me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Nice work by Wallace and his agent. I got the $42 Million part right. I just thought it would be 6 years and $12M guaranteed. The Steelers must think very highly of Mike Wallace because they really caved on this contract taking into consideration his tender and the relative value of contracts signed by other WRs recently.

Just glad it's done. Now lets go win some SuperBowls!!!!!!!

Wooooohooooooo!!!!!!!
    Guess flippy didn't get past the first entry on this thread, eh?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Guess flippy didn't get past the first entry on this thread, eh?
    I'm a reactor

I went back and read the rest and now I'm glum.

Legend

User Info Menu

First Mike Wallace doesn't sign yet and then I just heard George Jefferson died. Can anyone lay any more bad news on me in the next 2 minutes?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

you didn't win the powerball?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

all the rooms at the holiday inn express are booked for the night