Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign HC Mike Tomlin to a three-year extension

Starter

User Info Menu

Tomlin extended through 2016!

Considering that he had 2 more years on his current contract, I am hoping that frees up enough money to get Wallace in on time.

Either way, this is a big deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign HC Mike Tomlin to a three-year extension

Steelers sign Tomlin to three-year extension

July 24, 2012
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Head coach Mike Tomlin watches rookie tight end David Paulson in a blocking drill during the 2012 OTA sessions.

The Steelers today announced they have extended coach Mike Tomlin's contract for three years, through the 2016 season.

Tomlin, hired in 2007 after Bill Cowher resigned, was working on his second contract with the Steelers that went through an option year of 2013.

"We are pleased to announce that Mike Tomlin will remain with the Steelers for at least five more years," said Steelers' President Art Rooney II in the press release "Mike is one of the top head coaches in the National Football League and we are thrilled he will continue to lead our team as we pursue another Super Bowl title."

Tomlin, 40, has a 55-25 record in six regular seasons, and his teams have won two AFC championships and one Super Bowl.

"I am excited that I will continue to be the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers for years to come," Tomlin said in the team's press release. "I am grateful to the Steelers organization for the opportunity I have been given over the past five years to work and live in this great city, and I am excited to continue to work to bring another championship to the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh."

The Steelers issued no financial terms of the deal.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-sign-wallace-to-three-year-extension-646013/#ixzz21YfXwKoz[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hooooooooooooooooooooray!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great news!! I love the M to the T......

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree Williar...my favorite Steeler coach by far.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everything's lining up to make a run at the one trick pony now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Considering that he had 2 more years on his current contract, I am hoping that frees up enough money to get Wallace in on time.
    Salaries for coaches are not counted toward the salary cap.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

tomlin, switzer, me..............who cares as long as it doesnt effect the cap

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    tomlin, switzer, me..............who cares as long as it doesnt effect the cap
    Yeah...Tomlin's had nothing whatsoever to do with the Steelers 2 Super Bowl appearances in the last 4 years...I'm sure that you can do a better job.