Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Redman may not be the starting RB.....

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Redman may not be the starting RB.....

    Hearing some players are quietly saying J.Dwyer will push Redman and could be Haley's first choice. Interesting. I hope so!!! A little competition brings out the best.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

    1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon













  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    I don't really care who the starter is. Just start the best guy- at every position.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't really care who the starter is. Just start the best guy- at every position.
    Ditto.

    While I have a lot of faith in Redman, the reality is that all of the RBs will need to contribute for the offense to reach its full potential...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't really care who the starter is. Just start the best guy- at every position.
    Totally agree! Dwyer has a great college highlight tape and does possess the homerun option. So... if he can win the starting role he'll probably pose more of a threat to score. But whoever wins will obviously be the best choice.

  5. #5
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    686
    Fine by me. I already think that Redman is better than Spindenhall. If Dwyer is better than Redman, plug him in !

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Fine by me. I already think that Redman is better than Spindenhall. If Dwyer is better than Redman, plug him in !
    Personally I'm tried of reading this. Yes Redman plowed the hell out of any hole he saw and I wished Mendenhall would do the same but Mendenhall sees the cut back lanes etc that Redman doesn't see and because of our spotty line play Redman ran better at time. Mendenhall behind a vastly improved line IMO is a top 8 back in the NFL. Hopefully we get a chance to see what he's capable of behind a solid line.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Personally I'm tried of reading this. Yes Redman plowed the hell out of any hole he saw and I wished Mendenhall would do the same but Mendenhall sees the cut back lanes etc that Redman doesn't see and because of our spotty line play Redman ran better at time. Mendenhall behind a vastly improved line IMO is a top 8 back in the NFL. Hopefully we get a chance to see what he's capable of behind a solid line.
    It's what you do with what you got, not what could happen if given ____... Redman did more with less, Mendenhall did less with less....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Personally I'm tried of reading this. Yes Redman plowed the hell out of any hole he saw and I wished Mendenhall would do the same but Mendenhall sees the cut back lanes etc that Redman doesn't see and because of our spotty line play Redman ran better at time.
    I disagree.

    When Redman carried the ball on 1st and 2nd down, he saw cutback lanes just fine and took advantage, as evidenced in the Browns and Broncos playoff games...

    A lot of his carries came in short yardage situations, where the thought is simply "move the chains" and cutback lanes aren't a concern...

    Redman does not have Mendenhall's speed, however....

  9. #9
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Eich][/B]Fine by me. I already think that Redman is better than Spindenhall. If Dwyer is better than Redman, plug him in !
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Personally I'm tried of reading this. Yes Redman plowed the hell out of any hole he saw and I wished Mendenhall would do the same but Mendenhall sees the cut back lanes etc that Redman doesn't see and because of our spotty line play Redman ran better at time. Mendenhall behind a vastly improved line IMO is a top 8 back in the NFL. Hopefully we get a chance to see what he's capable of behind a solid line.
    Personally, I got tired of watching Mendy spin and dance to try to avoid first contact rather than picking a hole and hitting it. I think Mendy is a better athlete than Redman and is quicker, faster and able to cut more drastically but all that talented seemed to get stifled at the line rather than unleashed.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,037
    Redman has heart. That may be too much for Dwyer to overcome.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •