Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My take on the 53 man roster and camp battles!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Welcome to the Planet.

I am not sure if Kevin Beachum makes the team. The only way i think he can make the team if he is a Long Snapper.

Chris Rainey makes the team as a WR/KR/PR.
    I'm really hoping Beachum can step in as Long Snapper but I heard in OTAs they didn't give him any reps there so maybe that is not in the works.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Suspended players still count against the 53 man roster, though (players on PUP do not).

you are incorrect, players on the Reserve/Suspended list do not count against the 53-man roster.

RESERVE/SUSPENDED LIST (1)

Saunders will miss the first four games for testing positive for a banned substance and will not count against the 53 man roster.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...ction/10736465

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you are incorrect, players on the Reserve/Suspended list do not count against the 53-man roster.

RESERVE/SUSPENDED LIST (1)

Saunders will miss the first four games for testing positive for a banned substance and will not count against the 53 man roster.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...ction/10736465
    Huh...whaddaya know...thanks for the clarification. Looks like we may be able to stash Saunders, Mendenhall, and possibly Hampton and/or Starks at the start of the season.

Great replies. I tend to forget some of these things being its my first time I tried this. I get caught up with what the roster might look like and forget to realize there are some factors that I must take into account.

Special Teams I think is easy.

Suisham K - will be back as our kicker this year. I do not see the steelers keeping him after this year and I believe they may invest in a pick next year to replace him.

Butler/Kapinos - This will be a good battle. Kapinos has been in the league a few years and has some experience under his belt. He has filled in very well when sepulveda was injured the past few seasons. He has good leg strength and has been pretty reliable. He is a cheap option at punter but his upside is limited at this point. Butler is a rookie who had a good collegiate career. He is boasted to have much more leg power and is known for many inside the 20 punts. I have not seen to much of him but I like the youth movement. I think Butler will surprise at camp and win the job.

LS - Greg Warren - Has been with the team for many years. A great LS but does not provide any other value. He could be used in a pinch on the o-line due to his size. Other than that he is your standard LS.

Defense is coming. Either tonight or the tomorrow.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinema15 View Post
    LS - Greg Warren - He could be used in a pinch on the o-line due to his size.
    I disagree with this part...Warren is listed as 6'3" 252 lbs. A guy his size might have been able to be used on the o-line in the 1970's, but now he's the same size as our outside linebackers or tight ends.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I disagree with this part...Warren is listed as 6'3" 252 lbs. A guy his size might have been able to be used on the o-line in the 1970's, but now he's the same size as our outside linebackers or tight ends.

And he'd probably be as good a LB as James Harrison is a LS.