Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Finally Get in A Movie...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Well, if it counts for anything- Chadman hopes you don't get shot too.

That said- unless a vigelante group of wacko's have decided to attack all Batman movie-goers, what are the chances of another shooting at another screening of Batman?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Good point. I just don't want to get shot.

Maybe I'll go see it at a drive in. Those are safe right? If you can still find one. There's one about 1.5 hours from where I live. And I just checked and they happen to be showing it.
    Are you talking about the Drive-In in Belmont, NC? I'm probably going this weekend. Thought it would be a cool to take my young cousin to see a movie at the drive-in plus it's much cheaper.

Legend
    It's in Henderson, NC. It's out in the middle of nowhere. But it's cheap and fun to watch a movie at night in a convertible with the roof down.

I used to go to the drive in in Latrobe when I was a kid. Wonder if that's still open? I remember going to training camp during the day and then hitting the drive in at night as a kid. I think it's only a couple miles from St Vincent. I remember seeing Star Wars there.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, if it counts for anything- Chadman hopes you don't get shot too.

That said- unless a vigelante group of wacko's have decided to attack all Batman movie-goers, what are the chances of another shooting at another screening of Batman?
    Thanks. I realize I'm probably safer in a movie theater now than a drive in. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

The killer apparently didn't give a rip about Batman. He just wanted a full theater.

It could just as easily have been "Ted"...

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Thanks. I realize I'm probably safer in a movie theater now than a drive in. Lightning doesn't strike twice.
    Flippy...you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident everyday than you have going to the movies.
    Just like when Jaws hit the big screen, all the sudden people were scared of going into the water.
    It's called "Irrational Fear" ...at the end of the day, the average American takes a higher risk getting into an automobile or taking a prescription drug than they do being shot and killed by a madman.
    But yet we let the MEDIA dictate our fears to us...and that my friend is what i call "Irrational"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Flippy...you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident everyday than you have going to the movies.
    Just like when Jaws hit the big screen, all the sudden people were scared of going into the water.
    It's called "Irrational Fear" ...at the end of the day, the average American takes a higher risk getting into an automobile or taking a prescription drug than they do being shot and killed by a madman.
    But yet we let the MEDIA dictate our fears to us...and that my friend is what i call "Irrational"
    I'm still scared of going into the ocean because of Jaws.

Or remember that time the Laser Loop at Kennywood wouldn't stop for an hour. I'm afraid of rollercoasters after that one

And sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep at night because Freddy Kruger might be coming for me

Ironically, I've lived through 2 near death car accidents in my lifetime, so I figure odd are, that's not the way I'm going.

I get it's irrational.