Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J. Scott bye bye

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

J. Scott bye bye

Will be cut today!!

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe we needed the money for Mike Wallace's new contract?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Mike will have a contract by camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I think Mike will have a contract by camp.

seems much more likely now that we have freed up $2.2 million by cutting Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott.

Steelers Release Offensive Tackle Jonathan Scott

The Steelers released veteran offensive tackle Jonathan Scott, the team announced today.

Scott spent the past two seasons with the Steelers, starting 14 of 28 regular-season games and three of four postseason contests. Prior to joining the Steelers in 2010, Scott spent time with the Buffalo Bills (2008-09) and the Detroit Lions (2006-07). Scott was originally drafted by the Lions in the fifth round (141st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft out of the University of Texas.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Release-Offensive-Tackle-Jonathan-Scott/442917a8-7bc6-4950-a727-58a1455d21c2[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    seems much more likely now that we have freed up $2.2 million by cutting Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott.

Steelers Release Offensive Tackle Jonathan Scott

The Steelers released veteran offensive tackle Jonathan Scott, the team announced today.

Scott spent the past two seasons with the Steelers, starting 14 of 28 regular-season games and three of four postseason contests. Prior to joining the Steelers in 2010, Scott spent time with the Buffalo Bills (2008-09) and the Detroit Lions (2006-07). Scott was originally drafted by the Lions in the fifth round (141st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft out of the University of Texas.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Release-Offensive-Tackle-Jonathan-Scott/442917a8-7bc6-4950-a727-58a1455d21c2[/URL]
    With Wallace's tender ($2.7M) and Scott's salary ($2.2M) I'm all in if Wallace is signing for $4.9M.

I do not think that is the case though. They probably needed to cut Scott to get the cap space they needed for Starks. Has anyone heard the terms of his contract yet?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    With Wallace's tender ($2.7M) and Scott's salary ($2.2M) I'm all in if Wallace is signing for $4.9M.

I do not think that is the case though. They probably needed to cut Scott to get the cap space they needed for Starks. Has anyone heard the terms of his contract yet?
    I have not heard the Starks contract details yet (the picture he tweeted wasn't big enough):

We already had about $3.5 million in cap room before cutting J. Scott as well. And Wallace's contract will be structured such that he gets a veteran minimum salary in year one (plus the pro-rated portion of whatever the signing bonus turns out to be).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One less tsipper on the team...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    One less tsipper on the team...

... Jets fan here ...

... curious, how bad do all you think Scott is? ... any particular areas that you could break down for me? ...

... i ask because our RT Wayne Hunter is very bad in pass protection ... a couple times a game he gets completely fooled and caused Sanchez to get creamed many times last season ... he has a slow first step and he wasn't able to stay step for step with the speed rushers ... i'd probably say he's borderline below average/average as a run blocker ...

... if money wasn't needed for Wallace would you liked to have kept Scott? ... do you think Scott would be even a slight improvement from one of the worst starting RT's last year? ... finally, do you think other teams would be willing to offer similar $$$ to what you guys were going to pay him ... or do you think we may be able to sign him for a vet minimum salary? ...

... i appreciate any reply ...

l_j_r

Legend

User Info Menu

Dang...if we'd known you all were THAT desperate, we'd have probably traded him to you for a draft pick...

Rookie

User Info Menu

... hahahahaha ... i love our GM Mikey T ... his nickname is Trader Mike though ... so you just might have gotten one ...

l_j_r