Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you want the steelers to pay wallace?

Legend

User Info Menu

How much do you want the steelers to pay wallace?

I would like to see some people go on record on the wallace contract subject.
    Take into consideration of what you think wallaces brings to the team and how much you are willing to spend on those attributes.
    Lets use the length of contract that wallace will most likey see. Dont factor in the last few years of a super backloaded deal that the steelers wont ever pay.

A) 6-6.5 mil per year
    B) 6.5-7 mil per year
    C) 7-7.5 mil per year
    D) 7.5-8 mil per year
    E) 8-8.5 mil per year
    F) 8.5-9 mil per year
    G) 9-9.5 mil per year
    H) 9.5-10 mil per year
    I) 10-10.5 mil per year
    H)10.5 +mil per year

Legend

User Info Menu

I will go with F) 8.5-9 mil per year

those #s are between what Marques Colsten and Desean Jackson signed for which seems about right to me...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Incentive based, as he continues to become a complete WR...short to medium routes in particular his contract goes up. He can't base his contract demands on deep ball yardage alone...that didn't help us win the SB when needed the most (see Santonio Holmes)
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Incentive based, as he continues to become a complete WR...short to medium routes in particular his contract goes up. He can't base his contract demands on deep ball yardage alone...that didn't help us win the SB when needed the most (see Santonio Holmes)
    so let me get this straight. Wallace now has to factor in WHERE he catches the ball to determine how much he gets paid? I find that patently absurd and would love to see another contract with that type of language.

I think F is fair. Somewhere around 5 years, 45 million with about half that guaranteed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont think he is worth more than 5 mil per. The guy is fast and that allows him to catch the deep ball. Teams have him figured out and it showed at the end of last season. It will continue to show at the beginning of this season.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't go above 6.5 mill...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't work out a deal right now b/c of Antonio Brown.
    So I'd stay right where we are at and let Wallace and Brown prove this year who's the better WR.
    We won't be keeping both and I'd put my money on BROWN to be the better of the two.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Wallace put up his first half stats all last year he would be in the 10-11M/yr range. If he had the stats he had but had put them up in a more consistent fashion he would probably be in the 9-10M/yr range. Because he had a poor 2nd half of last season I think that gives the Steelers a bargaining chip and he should end up in the 8-9M/yr range with incentives that can push that towards the 10-11M if he shows the ability to be dominant for a full season. I'd say 6 years is the ideal contract length as that will take him to the age of 32 and if he is slowing down by them the team will know it and can cut ties, but if he is still cranking out productive seasons then the money he is being paid will be a great deal by that time.

Legend

User Info Menu

B) Is my answer.
    I would be okay if the steelers gave him this amount. His speed has to be accounted for for opposing defenses but I dont want to lose more valuable pieces of this team in the near future by giving all our cap to wallace. We keep talking about our 'elite' qb, great TE, super solid wrs, outstanding oline, mendy comimng back and the speed of rainey and batch in the backfield. Do we really need to spend a ton of money on a guy that just runs fast in a straight line? I dont think so.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, as of right now aren't the Steelers about 5 million below the salary cap after releasing Scott the other day? Anything above 5 million then would come at a cost not only monetarily, but the Steelers would also have to release another player in all likelihood to get Wallace under the cap. At this point I'd rather see the Steelers stop negotiating, play the season and see who has the better year, Antonio Brown or Mike Wallace. They are not going to be able to keep both after this year, IMHO. Pay them their salaries, have them compete, pay the winner and chances are the other becomes a free agent and some other team benefits.

Receivers are being churned out in great number form college because of the focus on the passing game in the NFL. More colleges are preparing players for the NFL, good wide receivers can be had in almost any round.

I wouldn't pay him over 6 million per annum, but I don't write the checks or make the decisions; I did however, stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount