Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Pitt to ACC Official

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

OT - Pitt to ACC Official

Sorry to post a few OT threads on the main board, but there's no board for the Pirates or Pitt news.

This is pretty exciting to me since I live in NC. I'll get to see more Pitt games. It's probably good for the basketball program because of the strength of the ACC in hoops. It'll be a tough schedule every year. But there's gotta be a draw to kids getting to play against Duke/UNC every year.

Pitt should be able to do well in football. And it will probably be fun for the kids to get to play FSU, Miamia, GTech, etc.

I used to like the Big East as a kid. But overall I think this is a good move. Can't wait til 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it is a great football move for Pitt. However, I think they actually take half a step back in basketball. Big East has been the top conference for b-ball the past few years. I do think other sports like soccer, baseball, track and field etc. will find the ACC much more demanding.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think it is a great football move for Pitt. However, I think they actually take half a step back in basketball. Big East has been the top conference for b-ball the past few years. I do think other sports like soccer, baseball, track and field etc. will find the ACC much more demanding.
    Big East is done... they really screwed up.

I'm in NC too Flippy... this is huge. NCState, Wake, Clemson, UNC, Duke... these are going to be some epic battles especially with Cuse coming in 2014??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Big East is done... they really screwed up.

I'm in NC too Flippy... this is huge. NCState, Wake, Clemson, UNC, Duke... these are going to be some epic battles especially with Cuse coming in 2014??
    I agree that they screwed up and it will show in the future. They let small basketball schools take them down a path to being irrelevent in the dominant sport of football. The Big East is going to become a better version of Conference USA with some really strong basketball programs.

For my local Central Florida moving to the Big East was a great move for them. Once they get rid of George O'Leary as head coach and get a really good football coach they could be the dominant football team in the Big East.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I live 3 miles from Bobby Dodd Stadium. I can't wait to wear my Pitt gear the first time the Panthers play GA Tech! I should also see them more on TV down here than I currently do so that's cool as well.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pitt still needs some fans to fill those empty seats at Heinz Field on Saturdays. The lack of interest in Pitt home games has been somewhat embarrassing in recent years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Total rubbish. The Big East is not even close to being done. In fact, Pitt and Syracuse made a huge mistake going to the ACC. Consider the fact that the ACC is 2-13 in BCS bowl games and the Big East is 7-7. Plus the Big East champion put up 70 points against the ACC champion last season!! And if you want to use the argument that it was West Virginia who did this and that they will be a big loss to the BE as they go into the Big 12, consider the following. Boise State joins for 2013 and they have a much more successful program than West Virginia since 2004. Plus Boise has as many wins in BCS bowl games (2) as does the entire ACC combined. Combine this with up and coming programs like Houston, UCF and SanDiegoSt and you have the makings of a good competitive conference that is better than the ACC. Good riddance Pitt and Syralose!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Pitt still needs some fans to fill those empty seats at Heinz Field on Saturdays. The lack of interest in Pitt home games has been somewhat embarrassing in recent years.
    They need their own stadium. Heinz is too big for a school this size.

Legend

User Info Menu

BCS wins? I don't think that is all that important in the scheme of things when looking at conferences. Big East is a jumbled mess of basketball and football programs and it lacks cohesion. Basketball conference was beast but its all about football.

Boise is a nice addition but I'm curious to see if they can dominate vs better competition.

The ACC hasn't lived up to expectations on the field but I think they have a solid conference

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    BCS wins? I don't think that is all that important in the scheme of things when looking at conferences. Big East is a jumbled mess of basketball and football programs and it lacks cohesion. Basketball conference was beast but its all about football.

Boise is a nice addition but I'm curious to see if they can dominate vs better competition.

The ACC hasn't lived up to expectations on the field but I think they have a solid conference
    How much more evidence do you need that Boise is the real deal? They are 6-0 against automatic bcs conferences in the last 3 years. They beat Oregon twice, Oregon State, Virginia Tech, Georgia and Arizona State. In those years in which they beat Oregon, Virginia Tech and Georgia those teams won their conferences division and or conference championship. That would be the Pac 12 winner twice, ACC winner and a SEC division championship team.