Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Pitt to ACC Official

Legend

User Info Menu

We will agree to.disagree... I'm not ignoring the last 3 years vs Nevada, they have been a thorn in Boise's side IMO and I think most teams in the Big East are better than Nevada...

I've been a Boise fan since they beat OU in amazing fashion but I'm not.ready to crown them BE champs based on their success vs BCS teams... a full season vs better opponents will tell us a lot about the future of the BE conference and Boise's standing in the BCS hunt. I just wish they weren't screwed over by the BCS few years, playing TCU instead of new foe the other year was a travesty.

have a good one.

Legend

User Info Menu

i think they might take a bit of a hit in BB and football the first few years in the ACC but are better off in that conference in the long run

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    If you're going to post the past seasons schedules just don't post Boise's easy games and none of the hard games they play. Likewise just don't post the hard games for PSU and LSU without posting the easy games they played like the ones against the powerhouses of Indiana St, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Georgia Southern, Kent State, North Texas and Western Kentucky!! You guys are being pathetic and slightly dishonest by not doing so as we all know that LSU and PSU played tougher schedules than Boise. That's not in dispute. You make it seem like Boise ducks the competition and nothing could be further from the truth. BSU can't help it that most BCS teams don't want to play them.
    No one is being dishonest at all. Their schedule is a DAMN joke. Every year they play at least 6 if not 7 total cupcakes. And no one has said PSU/LSU only plays tough games but their schedules overall are infinitely harder each and every season. And no one has said they duck the competition just that they don't consistently play at the same level. What's so hard to understand?

Put BS in the SEC and they are a muti game loser every season. And this is a common belief.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

ACC expansion is about TV markets, not competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No one is being dishonest at all. Their schedule is a DAMN joke. Every year they play at least 6 if not 7 total cupcakes. And no one has said PSU/LSU only plays tough games but their schedules overall are infinitely harder each and every season. And no one has said they duck the competition just that they don't consistently play at the same level. What's so hard to understand?

Put BS in the SEC and they are a muti game loser every season. And this is a common belief.
    You implied that Boise played only easy teams and PSU and LSU only hard teams, otherwise you would have posted all of the easy games that PSU/LSU played and not just the difficult ones and you would have posted the difficult opponents for Boise and not just the cupcake teams. What is so hard to understand about that?

And before we go any further your Pitt Panthers are taking a step down in competition ducking the more difficult competition of the Big East. The fact remains the ACC is 2-13 in BCS bowl games the BE is 7-7. The ACC champion gave up 70 points to the Big East champion last season.