Thread: Ward/Chin @ Dark Knight Rises NYC premiere yesterday; Steelers @ Pgh premiere tonight

Legend

User Info Menu

Ward/Chin @ Dark Knight Rises NYC premiere yesterday; Steelers @ Pgh premiere tonight

Ward attends premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises"
    Posted 13 minutes ago

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Steelers’ players and staff will attend the Pittsburgh screening of “The Dark Knight Rises” on Tuesday night, but former wide receiver Hines Ward was among the first to see the movie that was filmed in Pittsburgh when it premiered in New York on Monday night.

“You are there at the premiere, on the black carpet in this instance, with all of the stars of the movie and it was amazing,” said Ward, who attended with his son Jaden. “I was there with Coach (Bill) Cowher. It was an honor to be a part of it. Jaden and I had a blast doing it. The movie was great.”

Ward was one of over a dozen Steelers players who were used in the filming of “The Dark Knight Rises,” the final installment in director Christopher Nolan’s trilogy.

“We spent the whole day filming it, but it was only about a 20-second clip,” laughed Ward. “You get a newfound respect for what goes into producing a movie. You don’t think about the time and money. To shut down a street in Pittsburgh to film a clip, you get a real appreciation for that and the creativity of it for this great movie.

“Leading up to it and the anticipation I was wondering how the football field came into play. Then you see it all play out, with Steelers Nation all there in winter clothes on a hot afternoon in Pittsburgh, it was great.”

Ward will be among the guests at the Pittsburgh screening, and knows part of the reason the movie was filmed in Pittsburgh was the efforts of Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, who is one of the Steelers investors.

“I think Pittsburgh is going to be proud, just to see the city in a great production,” said Ward.
    “When you watch it you can relate and see it, knowing you have been there, there is Heinz Field, and all of those things and how they implemented Pittsburgh in such a great movie. For all of us to be a part of it was definitely a great honor.”

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ward-attends-premiere-of-The-Dark-Knight-Rises/8b049a69-7ee6-4a9f-9b23-2fef7eef74aa[/URL]

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just re-read the title that I wrote after posting it..."Ward/Chin" is referring to Hines Ward and Bill Cowher, and is no way a racially insensitive remark about Hines' ethnicity...whoops...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope they put the sod back before the season starts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward is divorced and hangs out with known drug dealers...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Hines Ward is divorced and hangs out with known drug dealers...
    He was spotted with villains at Heinz Field...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ward attends premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises"
    Posted 13 minutes ago

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Steelers’ players and staff will attend the Pittsburgh screening of “The Dark Knight Rises” on Tuesday night, but former wide receiver Hines Ward was among the first to see the movie that was filmed in Pittsburgh when it premiered in New York on Monday night.

“You are there at the premiere, on the black carpet in this instance, with all of the stars of the movie and it was amazing,” said Ward, who attended with his son Jaden. “I was there with Coach (Bill) Cowher. It was an honor to be a part of it. Jaden and I had a blast doing it. The movie was great.”

Ward was one of over a dozen Steelers players who were used in the filming of “The Dark Knight Rises,” the final installment in director Christopher Nolan’s trilogy.

“We spent the whole day filming it, but it was only about a 20-second clip,” laughed Ward. “You get a newfound respect for what goes into producing a movie. You don’t think about the time and money. To shut down a street in Pittsburgh to film a clip, you get a real appreciation for that and the creativity of it for this great movie.

“Leading up to it and the anticipation I was wondering how the football field came into play. Then you see it all play out, with Steelers Nation all there in winter clothes on a hot afternoon in Pittsburgh, it was great.”

Ward will be among the guests at the Pittsburgh screening, and knows part of the reason the movie was filmed in Pittsburgh was the efforts of Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, who is one of the Steelers investors.

“I think Pittsburgh is going to be proud, just to see the city in a great production,” said Ward.
    “When you watch it you can relate and see it, knowing you have been there, there is Heinz Field, and all of those things and how they implemented Pittsburgh in such a great movie. For all of us to be a part of it was definitely a great honor.”

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ward-attends-premiere-of-The-Dark-Knight-Rises/8b049a69-7ee6-4a9f-9b23-2fef7eef74aa[/URL]

The field in the movie doesn't look any different than it does in early December.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The field in the movie doesn't look any different than it does in early December.

Resodding helps a bit but about time they changed the grass field to field turf.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They could have saved money if they just filmed this on Heinz Field after the 4 straight WPIAL championship games on Thanksgiving weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers checking out new Batman movie thanks to co-owner
    Posted by Darin Gantt on July 17, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT

As we sit here by our computers or mobile devices, the Steelers are taking in a private screening of the new Batman movie.

And it might leave some of them more breathless than others.

Thanks to Steelers co-owner Thomas Tull, a recent investor with the Rooney family, a number of players make cameo appearances in the The Dark Knight Rises.

Tull, the CEO of Legendary Entertainment, is one of the movie’s producers and the movie has a distinct Pittsburgh feel. The city is one of five backdrops for the movie, and Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Mike Wallace make appearances as members of the Gotham Rogues, coached by former Steelers boss Bill Cowher.

In the scene that made trailers that have been out for months, Ward’s running with the ball as Heinz Field begins to explode, under attack from the bad guys.

“I’ve run scared before but I really ran scared that day,” Ward told Gene Collier of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “They told me, ‘Don’t look back.’ I felt the explosion when I was running. I had to wear earplugs. Usually, I’m smiling when I’m running, but that day I was actually screaming.”

It beats Dancing with the Stars, anyway.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/steelers-checking-out-new-batman-movie-thanks-to-co-owner/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd much rather see the Steelers bust out these uniforms as the alternative instead of the bumblebee costumes they'll be wearing this season.