Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp Next Week-Who Isn't Getting Enough Credit

Legend

User Info Menu

Training Camp Next Week-Who Isn't Getting Enough Credit

There is lots of talk about who needs to step up this season, but what players are not getting enough credit for their ability to be in the starting 11 on either side of the football?

My top pick is Curtis Brown. We all here about it being Lewis' time and how good Allen is, but for my money Brown has more talent and he isn't happy with being a nickle back. I really think Brown is the player who could come out a starter when no one thought he would be going in.

Going way out on the limb how about Trai Essex? I know that he is the one OLman everyone love to hate. I read he was in the best shape of his life and the guy has tons of experience. If Colon gets hurt again or Adams can't handle LT could we see Essex in the starting 11?

Your thoughts?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Larry Foote

Legend

User Info Menu

Lawrence Timmons. He had a dynamic 2010 season then was moved to a new position (ironically the opsition who it was thought he was drafted to play) for a large portion of 2011 and never got into a groove.

A full off season and training camp to get back into the swing of ILB and he should be the same player who put up 135 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 ints, 2 ffs and 2 recoveries in 2010.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kennan Lewis gets no love...for good reason. But, I like what I seen from him last season. I know most want to turn over the starter position to Allen, but I wouldn't be so quick to do so. I believe Lewis can be a very good starting DB.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Kennan Lewis gets no love...for good reason. But, I like what I seen from him last season. I know most want to turn over the starter position to Allen, but I wouldn't be so quick to do so. I believe Lewis can be a very good starting DB.
    Sorry, but I think both Brown and Allen will prove to be better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood. That guy has had time in the system to learn the D and has become a physical marvel as well. He was already reputed to have a high motor. I'm looking for him to be something special this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steve McLendon...Mitchell's remarks about him after drafting Ta'Amu seal the deal for me. At first, I thought Ta'Amu would be the next Hampton (i.e. future starter) and McLendon would be the next Hoke (i.e. solid backup option). However, I think McLendon will be tough to beat out for the starting gig (and Ta'Amu may be a gameday inactive once Hampton is back to full health).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Steve McLendon...Mitchell's remarks about him after drafting Ta'Amu seal the deal for me. At first, I thought Ta'Amu would be the next Hampton (i.e. future starter) and McLendon would be the next Hoke (i.e. solid backup option). However, I think McLendon will be tough to beat out for the starting gig (and Ta'Amu may be a gameday inactive once Hampton is back to full health).
    McLendon is a great choice. Everyone talks about Old Casey coming back but he may not be able to beat out McLendon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

cam heyward.

watched the denver loss again and he was making alot of plays and getting a great push in the 2nd half of that game.

ziggy hood has been below average(at best) to this point in his career and i believe heyward has a real opportunity to win a starting job.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jerricho is a solid #3 WR this season.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.