Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reason to Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    All teams in AFC North has good defense. T-Rich i think is a great talent and Browns do have a great O-line but their biggest problem is QB and WR position.

When Browns are spending Rd-2 draft pick in Supplementary draft for a WR who has played one college season well they are desperate.
    They will be tougher than they were. They are (re)building with good D and a running game. The good news is that instead of giving more Colt weapons, they just went and got a new QB.

Hall of Famer
    You guys are ragging about the QB, but please remember the Steelers have a way of making rookie/inexperienced QBs look all-world. Plus, this scenario is similar to what we have been talking about for the Steelers O (and what the Ravens have already done), establish the threat of a run game and start making throws. It is working for Flacco, it can work for Weeden & Co. maybe I am just a worrywart, but few games last year were a gimmee.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You guys are ragging about the QB, but please remember the Steelers have a way of making rookie/inexperienced QBs look all-world.
    Not really...

It happens a handful of times to any team...

This is why guys like Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassell and, most egregiously, Matt Flynn made tons of money...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You guys are ragging about the QB, but please remember the Steelers have a way of making rookie/inexperienced QBs look all-world. Plus, this scenario is similar to what we have been talking about for the Steelers O (and what the Ravens have already done), establish the threat of a run game and start making throws. It is working for Flacco, it can work for Weeden & Co. maybe I am just a worrywart, but few games last year were a gimmee.
    Best I can recall, I think I recall hearing some ridiculous stat, like LeBeau has never been beaten by a rookie QB.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Best I can recall, I think I recall hearing some ridiculous stat, like LeBeau has never been beaten by a rookie QB.
    LeBeau was beaten by a rookie QB once (Troy Smith) but I think it was a game in which we had already clinched our playoff berth and could not improve our seeding, so Ben sat out that in favor of Charlie Batch (or something like that).

1 Landon Collins SS Alabama
    2 Byron Jones CB UConn
    3 David Johnson RB N Iowa
    4 Lyndon Trail OLB Norfolk St
    5 Nick Marshall CB Auburn
    6 Blake Bell TE Oklahoma
    7 Travis Raciti DE San Jose St

Trade down w/ JAX:

2 Maxx Williams TE Minnesota
    2 Nate Orchard OLB Utah
    3 Laken Tomlinson OG Duke
    3 Jaquiski Tartt SS Samford
    4 Ronald Darby CB Florida St
    5 Kurtis Drummond FS Michigan St
    6 Cam Thomas CB W Kentucky
    7 Malcolm Brown RB Texas

Hall of Famer
    Well, he wasnt a rookie but the worst loss to a lesser QB happened to occur last January, just sayin.