Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reason to Worry?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    All teams in AFC North has good defense. T-Rich i think is a great talent and Browns do have a great O-line but their biggest problem is QB and WR position.

When Browns are spending Rd-2 draft pick in Supplementary draft for a WR who has played one college season well they are desperate.
    They will be tougher than they were. They are (re)building with good D and a running game. The good news is that instead of giving more Colt weapons, they just went and got a new QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys are ragging about the QB, but please remember the Steelers have a way of making rookie/inexperienced QBs look all-world. Plus, this scenario is similar to what we have been talking about for the Steelers O (and what the Ravens have already done), establish the threat of a run game and start making throws. It is working for Flacco, it can work for Weeden & Co. maybe I am just a worrywart, but few games last year were a gimmee.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You guys are ragging about the QB, but please remember the Steelers have a way of making rookie/inexperienced QBs look all-world.
    Not really...

It happens a handful of times to any team...

This is why guys like Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassell and, most egregiously, Matt Flynn made tons of money...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You guys are ragging about the QB, but please remember the Steelers have a way of making rookie/inexperienced QBs look all-world. Plus, this scenario is similar to what we have been talking about for the Steelers O (and what the Ravens have already done), establish the threat of a run game and start making throws. It is working for Flacco, it can work for Weeden & Co. maybe I am just a worrywart, but few games last year were a gimmee.
    Best I can recall, I think I recall hearing some ridiculous stat, like LeBeau has never been beaten by a rookie QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Best I can recall, I think I recall hearing some ridiculous stat, like LeBeau has never been beaten by a rookie QB.
    LeBeau was beaten by a rookie QB once (Troy Smith) but I think it was a game in which we had already clinched our playoff berth and could not improve our seeding, so Ben sat out that in favor of Charlie Batch (or something like that).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, he wasnt a rookie but the worst loss to a lesser QB happened to occur last January, just sayin.