Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct TVoffering free NFL package

Legend

User Info Menu

Got DirecTV back in 1998 while living in Texas because they had The Ticket. Absolutely love it....much better than my horror stories with cable.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to give it a shot.. only problem is I'm surrounded by a forest of trees. Hopefully they can find a signal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm going to give it a shot.. only problem is I'm surrounded by a forest of trees. Hopefully they can find a signal.
    It won't make a difference. The satelite is so high that trees will not effect the angle of the dish and reception unless you live at the base of Redwood trees. You just need a decent line of sight to the south and they will find the signal.

Direct TV's customer service is second to none.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I had DirecTV for a year when we moved to our new house a few years ago. There was already a satellite mounted on the new house, so we figured that we'd give it a try (the free first year Sunday Ticket offer certainly helped persuade me with the decision). When it worked, we loved it...however, our service was interrupted constantly with any (even minor) wind, rain, or snow. In 6 months, we had a technician come to our house every single month, but none of them could resolve it (I don't know if the dish was simply mounted wrong in the first place, or what). It was so bad that they actually allowed us to get out of our 2 year contract after only 6 months without penalty, simply because there was nothing that they could do to resolve these issues for us. We've been with cable ever since (and paying out the nose for a cable/internet/phone bundle, but what you are you gonna do, right?).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've had Directv since the nineties as well. The nice thing about this service is you can actually take the service with you- like in an RV, camping... You can mount an antenna to a tripod, line it up correctly, and as long as you have a tv and a converter box (and power), you have their signal. It also depends on what part of the country you live in as to what angle you need to have the dish at. Here in Maryland, it's a SW direction at about a 45-50 degree angle. So, trees here can affect the signal. Also, when we get thunderstorms with ALOT of lightning, and the storms are coming at us from the SW to the NE, that's when we can have issues with signal until the storm passes. Any other storms from the NW, or W, don't really affect it. Heavy snow flakes will as well as huge rain drops- like when its so tropical around here that you get these raindrops the size of quarters....

I too wish they'd get this Viacom crap fixed- we're going through Spongebob withdrawal in my household..lol
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

My service has only been interrupted once since having it installed.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It won't make a difference. The satelite is so high that trees will not effect the angle of the dish and reception unless you live at the base of Redwood trees. You just need a decent line of sight to the south and they will find the signal.

My back yard is filled with trees.. tall trees and bamboo. I hope it isn't a problem, when I lived in Kentucky my landlord had to cut down trees...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

It's possible for trees to block the signal. If your house is very close to really tall trees, you won't be able to find Line of Sight to the satellites.

There are some tools here to help:
    [URL]http://www.dishpointer.com/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One warning about giving them access to your checking account for automatic withdrawals, they will not hesitate to withdraw whatever they feel you may owe them without telling you when it comes to a disagreement. One person i know called to cancel service, they pretended like the call never happened, then charged for extra months, late fees, an early termination fee, and took it all from their account in one fell swoop. Dont give them, or anyone access to your bank account.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is the HD quality good?
    Yes
    Are preseason games included?
    no,they are usually on a few days after on replay
    I was at a bar during the NBA playoffs and the rain knocked the feed out... does this happen a lot?
    in very heavy storms, yes it goes out and i have not a tree near me

There customer service is very good,but I believe you are locked in to a 2 year contract to get free equipment and install
    Its not cheap either
    I pay over a $100 a month for a basic package with 1 HD Reciever/DVR and 3 SD recievers
    They charge you for every thing
    If you are interested in watching games at home,do you have a Playstation3?
    Ive read you can buy a package through DirectTV and stream through the PS3
    Im honestly thinking of doing this because its getting so expensive