Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My One Nagging Concern About the Upcoming Season: Todd Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    He most certainly will, but I think most of us agree that the problem with Arians is that he refused to adjust. With that line, you'd think Arians would open up the play book to the "get the ball out of the QB's hands as fast as possible" chapter. Nope, here's another long developing play Ben, I hope you like Haloti Ngata's forearm in your nose.
    Do you think that was all on BA? I'm curious to see if Ben will embrace a quick strike offense with 3 and 5 step drops.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We all know Ben likes to make the big play so you can't put it all on Arians. In this case I'd like to think of Arians as more of an enabler. I'm hoping a more iron-fisted Haley will help Ben realize how much better he can be when he takes what is given.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I think I have faith that Tomlin didn't just fall off the turnip truck and actually picked the guy he wanted and who he thought could do the job properly utilizing the talents on the team. Haley is not a worry at all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We all know Ben likes to make the big play so you can't put it all on Arians. In this case I'd like to think of Arians as more of an enabler. I'm hoping a more iron-fisted Haley will help Ben realize how much better he can be when he takes what is given.

I really think this is pretty close to the truth. Ben plays a wild game. Bruce didn't regulate that game much. That game needs some regulation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I really think this is pretty close to the truth. Ben plays a wild game. Bruce didn't regulate that game much. That game needs some regulation.
    If this were last week, that statement would have spawned 30 more pages onto this thread within the first hour.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If this were last week, that statement would have spawned 30 more pages onto this thread within the first hour.
    ...with personal attacks on at least four other posters.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hines Ward is divorced
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think I have faith that Tomlin didn't just fall off the turnip truck and actually picked the guy he wanted and who he thought could do the job properly utilizing the talents on the team. Haley is not a worry at all.
    Imagine that! I think that as well. That's why I don't think that Haley's supposed short fuse will be much of an issue. Tomlin is the straw that stirs the drink here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    My real hope is that Haley is able to come in and make the Steelers' offense more explosive and dynamic by utilizing every facet of his arsenal, but especially the offense's strengths.

Haley's said that he's not a "systems" coach, and that he'll design his game plan each week according to what his team's strengths are and what he thinks is the best way to attack an opponent's defense. That's pretty comforting, and I hope he's sincere. One of Arian's weaknesses was an apparent unwillingness to tailor a game plan for a specific opponent more often than perhaps he should have.

At least Haley has a history of being flexible in that department. As OC in Arizona, he had maybe the most dynamic passing attack in he NFL, including three 1000 yard receivers in 2008. And as Head Coach of the Chiefs in 2010, he had the number one rushing attack in the NFL.

I'm not saying that I don't want Haley to come in and run the football at all. It's just that I don't want to see him do it just because he feels he HAS to in-order to appease the fan base.

The last thing I want to see is Roethlisberger take a step back at this stage of his career. He's already one of the best in the game, and I hope Todd Haley pushes him further in that direction and doesn't pull him back to the pack.

Anyway, these are my concerns about the new offense.
    Anyone else have similar concerns?

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/7/11/3151432/my-one-nagging-concern-about-the-upcoming-steelers-season-todd-haley#storyjump[/URL]

Nice Article. I have similar concerns.

Ben and the WRs should be the focal point in the offense. Utilize the entire field.

Todd Haley should not run the ball just to appease certain section of Steelers fan base who are still gung-ho about playing Marty-ball once Steelers take the lead.

I would be really upset if the first play of the season is RUTM for 1 yard gain.
    Last edited by grotonsteel; 07-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward is divorced
    not to mention that Hines also hung out with known drug dealers...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha