Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My One Nagging Concern About the Upcoming Season: Todd Haley

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Do you think that was all on BA? I'm curious to see if Ben will embrace a quick strike offense with 3 and 5 step drops.
    I think he'll embrace it as it will get him another shot at a ring...I believe is healthy enough to give him some deep shots down the field too. I was never a fan of the long developing plays that Arians had...so hyped for this season!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Todd Haley should not run the ball just to appease certain section of Steelers fan base who are still gung-ho about playing Marty-ball once Steelers take the lead.

I would be really upset if the first play of the season is RUTM for 1 yard gain.
    So, I'm thinking that a really influential fan by the name of Art Rooney is looking for a better run game. That might change up the perception a bit.

Just saying.....
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    so hyped for this season!

The Craving for Steelers Football is Powerful

Jul 12th, 2012 by dbuzardSteelers

This is the time of year that really leaves me feeling melancholy and itchy. The sun is out. The temperature is hovering between ‘exceedingly pleasant’ and ‘Holy **** is it hot’. I just spent some days off with my wife. Life, it would seem, could not possibly get any sweeter. Yet I am as despondent as a Cure fan. Something is missing and that something is Professional Tackle Football. You are missing it to, friend. You are surfing the ‘Net looking for any nugget of news about the Pittsburgh Steelers. Your Pittsburgh Steelers! You’re Jonesin’ for anything you can get. Well come on in and introduce yourself. The meeting is about to begin!

I fool myself every year at the season’s end. The inner dialog begins: “Now I can get to that drywall project that I started 18 months ago” or “I’m going to get back to reading more books” or “Maybe the dog will act less flakey now that I’m not screaming randomly at the television on Monday nights, some Thursday Nights, all day Sunday, and even Thanksgiving. Because, come on, who the hell in their right mind should be yelling and screaming on Thanksgiving”. Yes, it’s a dark and smelly place in my brain. It never happens though….. I had myself convinced that after last season’s nauseating first round loss to Denver that I could really pull it off this year. This off season was really going to be an offseason for me. Smooth, painted walls, fine literature, and a calm canine were all within my reach. The illusion lasted three days. Then came the sweats and the fine muscle twitches. The cravings and hallucinations kicked in Wednesday morning following the loss. Mood swings, headache, diarrhea by Friday afternoon. OK, some of that might have been the flu but I’m sure the majority of the symptoms came from Steelers Withdrawal Syndrome. There were some short term fixes available to me. There were, after all, two more rounds of the playoffs to watch AND the Super Bowl. But those things alone, without the Steelers, is like switching to NyQuil when you are used to drinking Jagermeister. Ok, poor example but you get my drift. There’s no ready made ‘Trainspotting Approved’ cure that I can Google.

In my abusive relationship with the Steelers offseason even bad news is news I’ll take. Just please, please keep talking! Hines and Farrior are done. “Ouch. What else do you got?” Mendenhall, Starks, and Hampton are badly injured. “Wow! That sucks. Tell me more.” The Wallace Situation is getting nowhere. “AHHRRGHHH! Gimmie. Gimmie. Gimmie. I need. I need. I need.” It’s a problem, I know. The disease knows no boundaries. It afflicts equally from little hacks like me trying to work out my frustrations at your expense, to the heavy hitters of the big boy networks scrambling for stories. Right now The NFL website has four stories about the supplemental draft for your pleasure. They’re hurting too. They are even considering pulling the stake from Al Davis’s heart and unleashing his insane demonic wrath upon the zombie Pete Rozelle in an undead battle over moving the Raiders back to Los Angeles. Hey. I’d watch that!

[URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/07/12/the-craving-for-steelers-football-is-powerful/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

I actually know one of the people in that picture above.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I actually know one of the people in that picture above.
    Is it the guy in the red hat in the background with the freaked out look on his face?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Is it the guy in the red hat in the background with the freaked out look on his face?
    Too funny.

Red hat is like to guys on "The Watch"

"Anyone of these people can be an alien. What is weird yellow substance oozing from their pores!!!"

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-15-2012 at 12:53 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Todd Haley should not run the ball just to appease certain section of Steelers fan base who are still gung-ho about playing Marty-ball once Steelers take the lead.
    Correct. The Steelers should run the ball well because doing so increases the chances of scoring points and, therefore, winning...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Nope, one of the four in front.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Nope, one of the four in front.
    The guy on the left with the yellow hat w/ emblem - we go to the same Steelers bar to watch the games. See him all the time. Used to see him at the old Steelers bar before it closed down.