Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spence

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was hoping they would take Ta'Amu with the Spence pick...but when we got Ta'Amu anyway, all was forgiven.
    Both your guys came to us later than you expected. You must still be absolutely giddy with this draft!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Both your guys came to us later than you expected. You must still be absolutely giddy with this draft!!
    After getting DeCastro in round 1, they could have drafted you, Flippy, and Chadman with their next three picks and I still would have been smiling.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After getting DeCastro in round 1, they could have drafted you, Flippy, and Chadman with their next three picks and I still would have been smiling.
    Hope DoS is ready to play LT and Chadman's working the buffet circuit with Casey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know we keep hearing about Spence being Butlers guy but I'm not so sure there wasn't a little voice in his ear. Tomlin worked with a guy who was very similiar coming out of college and turned out to be a hell of an NFL talent. He reminds me alot of him when you watch him on film. He also was undersized and his play was centered around his unique instincts for his position. If Spence ends up being anything close to Derrick Brooks...We have a gem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Using your intellect and football sense in knowing where to position yourself on a play sometimes is all that is needed to equalize the size/strength advantage of the opponent. The very fact that Spence is being noticed this early speaks volumes on his potential.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Using your intellect and football sense in knowing where to position yourself on a play sometimes is all that is needed to equalize the size/strength advantage of the opponent. The very fact that Spence is being noticed this early speaks volumes on his potential.
    I agree. Getting noticed as a rookie on a defense known to send rookies to the "gulag" for their rookie seasons is something. We'll see how it plays out when the real hitting starts on just 2 weeks. That really sounds good...only two more weeks!!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. Getting noticed as a rookie on a defense known to send rookies to the "gulag" for their rookie seasons is something. We'll see how it plays out when the real hitting starts on just 2 weeks. That really sounds good...only two more weeks!!!!!!
    i was thinking the gulag part sounded good. When I first read that, I started thinking gulag might be some nice side dish that's served with pierogis.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    i was thinking the gulag part sounded good. When I first read that, I started thinking gulag might be some nice side dish that's served with pierogis.
    That would be goulasch. Dammit...now I'm hungry
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

perhaps you'd prefer goulash hahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I know we keep hearing about Spence being Butlers guy but I'm not so sure there wasn't a little voice in his ear. Tomlin worked with a guy who was very similiar coming out of college and turned out to be a hell of an NFL talent. He reminds me alot of him when you watch him on film. He also was undersized and his play was centered around his unique instincts for his position. If Spence ends up being anything close to Derrick Brooks...We have a gem.
    interesting point