Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Spence

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Spence

    Been hearing a lot of good things about Spence on Twitter
    "Steel City Insider >> SPence Forcing Steelers to Reconsider..."
    also heard the same thing from AFC N Blogger on twitter...

    I personally don't think he'll start this season, too much to take in, but I do think he'll get some reps and turn out to be a good player.


  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Been hearing a lot of good things about Spence on Twitter
    "Steel City Insider >> SPence Forcing Steelers to Reconsider..."
    also heard the same thing from AFC N Blogger on twitter...

    I personally don't think he'll start this season, too much to take in, but I do think he'll get some reps and turn out to be a good player.
    I think he'll get some reps but not many and the chances of starting is zero since we haven't changed our Defensive Corrdinator yet!

    Butler is the guy who I read is really high on him so when he takes over Spence will get his chance.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I don't think it has anything to do with the cordinator. I know how you feel about Lebeau, but really, he'd have to be EXCEPTIONAL for me to be ok with him starting. When we invest a top 10 pick on a guy and he can't get on the field (unless it's a position change) then I'll be worried. Guy fall to 2nd and 3rd round for a reason.


  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the cordinator. I know how you feel about Lebeau, but really, he'd have to be EXCEPTIONAL for me to be ok with him starting. When we invest a top 10 pick on a guy and he can't get on the field (unless it's a position change) then I'll be worried. Guy fall to 2nd and 3rd round for a reason.
    *what he said*

    Seriously, even Polamalu didn't start as a rook (and many people on this very board) called him a bust... "bustamalu" - looking back, that was comical... anyway, rook's rarely start in this defense.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2017 Draft
    1 (30) - T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
    2 (62) - JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
    3 (94) - Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    3 (105) - James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
    4 (135) - Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
    5 (173) - Brian Allen, CB, Utah
    6 (213) - Colin Holba, LS, Louisville
    7 (24 - Keion Adams, LB, Western Michigan

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    If Troy wasn't so incredibly talented, there's no way he'd be a starter. He might be the most undisciplined player in the league. He's all instincts.
    But really, what Rooks have we had that have had the talent to start from day 1? Pouncey... and hell, if the guy in front of him wasn't so BAD he may not have started right away. Was Timmons going to switch positions and beat out Foote from day 1? really? no way.
    maybe if Joe Burnett wouldn't have gotten canned, some people wouldn't hate DL so much.


  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Interesting article by Wexell on Spence:

    [URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1201233.html[/URL]

    Spence is certainly among the players that I'll be watching most closely on August 9.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interesting article by Wexell on Spence:

    [URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1201233.html[/URL]

    Spence is certainly among the players that I'll be watching most closely on August 9.
    Other than the DeCastro and Adams because of how importnat they will be to the team, I will also be watching Spence. I'm also very interested in the DB Frederick out of Texas A&M. I've read some very good things about him.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interesting article by Wexell on Spence:

    [URL]http://pit.scout.com/2/1201233.html[/URL]

    Spence is certainly among the players that I'll be watching most closely on August 9.

    great article, thanks for posting philly!

    when Spence was drafted I let out a groan of disappointment but the more I read and learn about the kid the more excited I become about his ability to be a starting ILB for us.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    great article, thanks for posting philly!

    when Spence was drafted I let out a groan of disappointment but the more I read and learn about the kid the more excited I become about his ability to be a starting ILB for us.
    I was hoping they would take Ta'Amu with the Spence pick...but when we got Ta'Amu anyway, all was forgiven.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Spence was my favorite pick in this draft. And that's saying a lot because I loved this draft.

    If Spence was the right size, he'd have been a top 10 pick.

    This kid may have been the best defensive player in college last year. He may be one of the best college LB of all time. And we got him. Who cares that he's small. He could have a Troy P like impact on this defense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •