Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Board Seems To Have Livened Up A Bit...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think we'll aim for the Sunday night game against Baltimore on 11-18-12, because primetime games give everyone the most time to hang out beforehand.

I'll be at the Iggles game too, but since it is a standard 1:00 start, I have to get up before the sun rises just to make it to Pittsburgh before noon (i.e. not much time to mingle prior to kickoff).
    Id like to go to that game and meet the group, considering the world is sposed to end in December and I have never yet been to a Steelers game. Plus Baltimore would be a good one to pop my cherry. Is it possible to get tickets for the whole group to sit together? If not, whats the best way to acquire one?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

For the Planet Tailgate games, a bunch of us usually stand together on the rail of one of the rotunda ramps all game (SN1 has his spot behind the goalposts, and some folks have tried to hang with his posse down there, but that tends to get quite crowded). By standing together on a rotunda, you can buy single seats in crappy sections for cheap (relatively) prices, since it does not matter where the seats themselves are located, since we won't actually be sitting in them. I've done this before with Jigawatts, Asian, Iron Shiek, Buckeyehoppy...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I've met several of the folks from the board in person at games (Asian, costanza, SN1, Jiga, MJG, stlrz_d, Iron Shiek, NCSteelerfan, SanAntonioSteelerFan, AkronSteel, Columbussteelerfan, among others)...all are respectful on the board, and are good people in person. I've even met some Sirius NFL Radio guys like the Commish (Brandon from Missouri) and the Big Fella (Adrian from the Burgh) at games. I always wondered what it would be like if someone who is known for douchebaggery on the board just randomly showed up to one of our tailgates in person.
    Aw, dude, thanks for remembering me!

I don't get online much, but I do remember feeling pretty appreciated when you hunted me and my friends down in the nosebleed section of the endzone at that cleveland game. I guess I was so surprised I really never said thanks for reaching out and wish we could have talked more.

On another message board I got to meet quite a few people at Sharkey's (in Latrobe for training camp) for a few years. It was a fascinating experience getting to meet some of the board membersactually, as I not only met one of my best friends, I found out how much of an aschole one of them really was!

I suppose it's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get!

Bring on football season!!!!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan View Post
    Aw, dude, thanks for remembering me!

I don't get online much, but I do remember feeling pretty appreciated when you hunted me and my friends down in the nosebleed section of the endzone at that cleveland game. I guess I was so surprised I really never said thanks for reaching out and wish we could have talked more.

On another message board I got to meet quite a few people at Sharkey's (in Latrobe for training camp) for a few years. It was a fascinating experience getting to meet some of the board membersactually, as I not only met one of my best friends, I found out how much of an aschole one of them really was!

I suppose it's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get!

Bring on football season!!!!
    Well, I'm up in those nosebleed seats myself, so it wasn't much of a journey to stop by for a short visit. I didn't even have to climb up or down any steps...just scoot over a section or so. My son was with me for that game (usually it's my father), and he wanted to know where the heck we were going (he's too young to post on a message board).

Just be glad I didn't call you "SteelHeel" or another poster from North Carolina like I confused ColumbusSteelerFan and buckeyehoppy earlier.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So when will the Ravens game be officially ordained as the PlanetSteeler get together? Those of us without any ticket connections may need to start planning soon if we are to attend.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    So when will the Ravens game be officially ordained as the PlanetSteeler get together? Those of us without any ticket connections may need to start planning soon if we are to attend.
    Our gracious host SteelerNation1 agreed that Primetime game against the Ratbirds on 11-18-12 would be great for the Planet Tailgate back on the schedule release thread:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/37226-The-2012-Steeler-Schedule-is-Here[/URL]!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Where do you suggest is the best place to look for tickets??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Where do you suggest is the best place to look for tickets??
    I have season tix, so I've never bought them anywhere else. If you plan to just hang out with a bunch of us on one of the verandas, then you can just buy the cheapest possible seats available from a scalper (doesn't matter where the seats are, as long as you get in). If you prefer to have them in hand well in advance (or if you only want to hang out with the group before the game and then go sit in actual seats during the game), I suppose that you could go with the TicketExchange through Steelers.com or Stubhub (both could get pricey for a primetime game against a rival like the Ravens, I would think). Anyone out there who actually has experience buying Steelers tickets on the secondary market have any more specific suggestions?