Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Board Seems To Have Livened Up A Bit...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You know- Chadman's not entirely happy about this.

Crash can be a knob- absolutely no disagreement there- but if he leaves the constant whinging off the board, he actually makes some good points. Pity he can't seem to get past that 'holier-than-thou' thing though.
    That's like saying that Charles Manson writes some nice poetry...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You know- Chadman's not entirely happy about this.

Crash can be a knob- absolutely no disagreement there- but if he leaves the constant whinging off the board, he actually makes some good points. Pity he can't seem to get past that 'holier-than-thou' thing though.
    I enjoy Encylopedia Steelerannica. He never seems to forget anything and having him around helps my own memory sometimes.

Sure, he's got his hangups, we all do. I feel bad the guy has struggles with social interaction. Some of the other "knobs" (not pointing fingers, I know I'm one of the biggest 'knobs" on the board) around here push him over the edge. And that's unfortunately the problem. If some folks didn't have to push him over the edge, we could have just gotten the good out of him without all the crap.

Flippy does not believe any of this really. Otherwise he might be implying the board owner is a "knob" and that might get Flippy banned. And Flippy wants to sincerely express his gratitude to the owner of PlanetSteelers for creating a fun and mostly 'knob" free community.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Of course it was

That is all Eddie likes to post about. I feel so important.

BTW, I may be down your way end of August. How is the weather that time of the year? Will be in Canberra.
    August is the dead of Australian winter! And Canberra is in the south...not too far from Antarctica...

Then again, I'm taking my kids to Disney in August...I'm going to fry down in your neighborhood...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    August is the dead of Australian winter! And Canberra is in the south...not too far from Antarctica...

Then again, I'm taking my kids to Disney in August...I'm going to fry down in your neighborhood...
    It is very hot. Not sure of the flexibility of your schedule but try to do some of the non-Disney stuff. There are places not far where you can go on airboat rides through swamps. Kids love that. Also don't discount Gatorland. One of the older attractions but it is worth a day. If you have any questions send me a persoanl message and I'll try to answer them.

Orlando joke: "What is bright red and white all over Orlando?" Answer: British tourists (and maybe Ruthless)
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I disagree with Crash on most everything.
    But I almost never make posts in response to a point I agree with.

Crash always makes me come out of hibernation.

I thoroughly enjoy debating the dude and eventually getting under his skin, and he would start name calling. That is why I took on the name "Lemming" a his favorite insult for me on the old board. I see that as a sign of frustration and an indicator that his argument is weak.

He just takes this stuff way too seriously and eventually says something to get himself in trouble. Gotta keep things civil so it is understandable.

Well it was fun while it lasted.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I disagree with Crash on most everything.
    But I almost never make posts in response to a point I agree with.

Crash always makes me come out of hibernation.

I thoroughly enjoy debating the dude and eventually getting under his skin, and he would start name calling. That is why I took on the name "Lemming" a his favorite insult for me on the old board. I see that as a sign of frustration and an indicator that his argument is weak.

He just takes this stuff way too seriously and eventually says something to get himself in trouble. Gotta keep things civil so it is understandable.

Well it was fun while it lasted.
    To me, Crash is like an old musical instrument that you used to play in junior high school, but never threw out and stored in the attic...

One day, you find it, take it out of the case, and cause it to make some terrible noises, just for fun...

Then, you get bored with playing it and throw it back in the case for awhile...until you find it again and forget about the terrible racket it made last time...

And the cycle repeats...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It is very hot. Not sure of the flexibility of your schedule but try to do some of the non-Disney stuff. There are places not far where you can go on airboat rides through swamps. Kids love that. Also don't discount Gatorland. One of the older attractions but it is worth a day. If you have any questions send me a persoanl message and I'll try to answer them.

Orlando joke: "What is bright red and white all over Orlando?" Answer: British tourists (and maybe Ruthless)
    My kids and I tan (for the most part). However, my wife is pale with freckles, so she BURNS.

We are going to spend 4 days in the 4 Disney Parks, 2 days in the 2 Universal Parks, and likely a day at a water park to break up the neverending heat wave I expect.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

My kids and I tan (for the most part). However, my wife is pale with freckles, so she BURNS.

We are going to spend 4 days in the 4 Disney Parks, 2 days in the 2 Universal Parks, and likely a day at a water park to break up the neverending heat wave I expect.
    The wife and I went to Disney when we were in Florida several years ago during January. We did every major attraction in 1 day at all 4 parks. But no water parks for us

It was pretty awesome, we literally had 0 crowds and walked right onto every ride/attraction without a wait. The only wait was 20 minutes for the roller coaster in the Animal Kingdom.

We had to hustle to do everything. My wife wanted to kill me when I had her in the Swiss Family Robinson tree house in the pitch dark. I think it was actually closed when we went through

Legend

User Info Menu

Typhoon Lagoon is the best water park. Avoid Wet and Wild. It can be kinda sketchy.

Expect to be surrounded by Brazilian and English tourist and tour groups. The Universal Parks are the most fun.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

how appropriate and ironic that a thread that was basically started about Crash has now been hijacked...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha