Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: DeCastro and Pouncey Could Become the best G/C Combo in the NFL

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They fell behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter in GB after throwing a pick 6...

Though what that has to do with Pouncey and DeCastro being the best C/G combo in the league, I don't know...
    Another thread hijacked for a personal agenda!!!!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I don't think it's a hijack...I just think some posters just disagree that Pouncey/Decastro could be the best C/G combo in the league. Rather, they apparently think that Legursky/Pouncey would be the best C/G combo in the league. Which is a pretty silly thing to think.

Pro Bowler
    I wondered that too. But I think Colon is the best option right now.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    I wondered that too. But I think Colon is the best option right now.
    Colon is a win-win option. If he stays healthy, he will play well and bring alot of experience to the LG position. If he gets hurt you can take a step back and put a back up like Legursky or Foster in. They have experience but aren't as talented as Colon when healthy.

IMO Colon will be solid and a big improvement over Kemo.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

It's funny that everyone has called for Colon to be moved to G for years, and now that he has been many people are worried about how good of a guard he will be.

Legend
    Sure the running games produced, but they weren't world beating performances considering who they were playing against

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD IT!

Who they are playing against doesn't matter to this board when discussing the "#1 ranked" defense. So once again, don't change the rules when it involves the offense.

If Pouncey was drafted by any other team moving him to guard would be favored. But because we had Iron Mike and Dirt, he has to remain at center.

Just don't complain after Colon gets hurt, and Lekursky is whiffing blocks at guard as usual.

Last edited by Crash; 07-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    It's funny that everyone has called for Colon to be moved to G for years, and now that he has been many people are worried about how good of a guard he will be.

I'm not one who called for Colon to be moved to guard, and I don't claim to speak for all those who did suggest that move, but maybe some of them thought that since he wasn't all that great at tackle, he might at least be an upgrade at guard. I'm not so sure he will be.

And look, I don't think he was HORRIBLE at tackle, just a whole lot more "mediocre" than a lot of folks think he was. To hear some people, Colon should have made the Pro Bowl at tackle...I just never could see that. In fact, two years ago when Flozell stepped in for him, I thought it brought a big upgrade.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I called for it and I think he will be very good and an improvement over Kemo or Foster or Legursky. He just needs to stay healthy. This is the first year in the past 4 or 5 that we could have a real quality OL without career back-ups being forced to play.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 07-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.

They could turn out to be the best combo in the NFL. Pouncey is still a big question mark in regards to being the best. In order to be the best, you need to produce on big stages and that means the playoffs. Pouncey hasn't proven that he can stay healthy for that long. Being the best for the majority of the season does no good if he's hurt and on the sidelines for the biggest games (i.e. the playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD IT!

Who they are playing against doesn't matter to this board when discussing the "#1 ranked" defense. So once again, don't change the rules when it involves the offense.

If Pouncey was drafted by any other team moving him to guard would be favored. But because we had Iron Mike and Dirt, he has to remain at center.

Just don't complain after Colon gets hurt, and Lekursky is whiffing blocks at guard as usual.

The fact that others defend the defense in a possibly inaccurate way has nothing to do with the running game in the past two playoff games. Just because you don't have an answer after getting shown the facts doesn't mean bringing up outside topics makes what you said suddenly correct.