Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Steelers Finally Get in A Movie...

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233

    Steelers Finally Get in A Movie...

    And some kid shoots up the movie theater in CO during the midnight premiere.

    There's nothing on the news for the last 3 days except this story.

    He musta been a Ravens fan and disgruntled or something. This is the weirdest, sickest thing. I'm not leaving my house now.

  2. #2
    Well it's not every day that a dozen people get shot to death in a movie theater. Quite frankly, it's a more important story than the Steelers starring in a movie.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Well it's not every day that a dozen people get shot to death in a movie theater. Quite frankly, it's a more important story than the Steelers starring in a movie.

    This is some crazy stuff. They were saying there were no signs this kid would do this and in the next sentence, they're saying the kid got 90 packages of ammunition delivered from UPS in the last 3 weeks. He bought 6000 rounds of ammo on the internet, yet no one was suspicious.

    They said he didn't have a job and quit school. Yet he still spent $15,000 on ammo in the last month. Seems like that oughta be a red flag. And whoever was supporting the kid and giving him the money to buy all these weapons and ammo should be accountable too.

    I was looking forward to seeing this movie since it was filmed in Pittsburgh, features Heinz Field, and some Steelers. But now I think I'll wait until I can get it on Pay Per View.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This is some crazy stuff. They were saying there were no signs this kid would do this and in the next sentence, they're saying the kid got 90 packages of ammunition delivered from UPS in the last 3 weeks. He bought 6000 rounds of ammo on the internet, yet no one was suspicious.

    They said he didn't have a job and quit school. Yet he still spent $15,000 on ammo in the last month. Seems like that oughta be a red flag. And whoever was supporting the kid and giving him the money to buy all these weapons and ammo should be accountable too.

    I was looking forward to seeing this movie since it was filmed in Pittsburgh, features Heinz Field, and some Steelers. But now I think I'll wait until I can get it on Pay Per View.
    of course their were red flags....same w/ Columbine. Why was nothing done about it??
    Probably b/c there's a bigger conspiracy behind all this stuff than what the Corporate/Congressional News Media will report.
    Anything but the WHOLE truth
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    of course their were red flags....same w/ Columbine. Why was nothing done about it??
    Probably b/c there's a bigger conspiracy behind all this stuff than what the Corporate/Congressional News Media will report.
    Anything but the WHOLE truth
    I always wonder if they do this because they want to take away people's guns and personal freedom. A whacko conspiracy theory sometimes seems more rationale to me than some guy out there being this crazy.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I always wonder if they do this because they want to take away people's guns and personal freedom. A whacko conspiracy theory sometimes seems more rationale to me than some guy out there being this crazy.
    Truth is stranger than fiction my friend!
    Once people look beyond what the Corporate/Political News Media tells them, they will find the truth.

    I have a saying: "There are 3 sides to every story...the Left! the Right! and then the Truth!"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Truth is stranger than fiction my friend!
    Once people look beyond what the Corporate/Political News Media tells them, they will find the truth.

    I have a saying: "There are 3 sides to every story...the Left! the Right! and then the Truth!"
    Um, so the Steelers were mentioned in the Batman movie? I don't get it.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,356
    There's a couple of things that deserve pointing out here-

    1) Since the shooting, security at all screenings of the Batman movie has been ramped up. Why? Is there a sudden epidemic of anti-Batman gun-toting loonies about to hit the cinemas? Classic over reaction to what is a terrible crime.

    2) Flippy- you should go & see the film at the cinemas. If you don't, you fall into Point 1 above. You also are letting acts of violence/terror dictate your everyday life.

    3) At what point do we have to put tougher restrictions on obtaining weapons & ammunition? The fact he can buy 6000 rounds ONLINE is very concerning, don't you think?

    4) The police spokesman who went to pains to point out the gunman bought everything lawfully didn't put Chadman's mind at ease. Are we saying that, lawfully, legally, we can stock up on as many killing machines as we like? Where's the restrictions on this??
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    4) The police spokesman who went to pains to point out the gunman bought everything lawfully didn't put Chadman's mind at ease. Are we saying that, lawfully, legally, we can stock up on as many killing machines as we like? Where's the restrictions on this??
    None! No restrictions!

    This is Amurica!! You got the right to bear arms!! Hell, you got the right to arm bears, if'n you want to!!!

    (ahem) Sorry...

    It is beyond troubling that a murderer was able to purchase an assault weapon and thousands of round of ammunition without a red flag....

    Someone told me that I needed to have a gun in case the government's jack-booted thugs came to my home to take my rights away...

    I said that I don't know about that, but the government's jack-booted thugs would certainly find more people at home since it isn't even safe to go to a movie theater...

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

    2) Flippy- you should go & see the film at the cinemas. If you don't, you fall into Point 1 above. You also are letting acts of violence/terror dictate your everyday life.
    Good point. I just don't want to get shot.

    Maybe I'll go see it at a drive in. Those are safe right? If you can still find one. There's one about 1.5 hours from where I live. And I just checked and they happen to be showing it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •