Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: DeCastro and Pouncey Could Become the best G/C Combo in the NFL

Legend

User Info Menu

The facts support ME.

No Pouncey in two straight playoff games. The run game played well in both.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD IT!

Who they are playing against doesn't matter to this board when discussing the "#1 ranked" defense. So once again, don't change the rules when it involves the offense.

If Pouncey was drafted by any other team moving him to guard would be favored. But because we had Iron Mike and Dirt, he has to remain at center.

Just don't complain after Colon gets hurt, and Lekursky is whiffing blocks at guard as usual.

Let's worry about that if Colon is injured again for an extended amount of time. If not, I'd prefer to keep our pro bowl, pulling center at his position.... center.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

He rarely pulls. I don't think he's quick enough to snap and pull like Dawson did.

Now at guard? That's different.

Administrator

User Info Menu

He rarely pulls. I don't think he's quick enough to snap and pull like Dawson did.

Now at guard? That's different.
    Crash - Don't argue just for the sake up arguing. You're making an argument by comparing Pouncey's ability to a HOFer like Dawson. Pouncey can pull and get to the second level better than any center in the league. He's probably the most athletic C in the league. Are you really knocking the guy because he can't snap and pull like Dawson?

Why can't your boy Big Ben play like Joe Montana does in SBs? Why can't Ben read defenses pre-snap like Peyton Manning does? Ryan Clark is garbage because he can't play like Ronnie Lott. Honestly, it sounds stupid to make an argument like that.

You're comparing a really good player (Pouncey) to quite possibly the best C in the history of the game. I can make that argument with every position on the team. Heck, I can make that argument with EVERY position, on EVERY team in the league.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Crash - Don't argue just for the sake up arguing. You're making an argument by comparing Pouncey's ability to a HOFer like Dawson. Pouncey can pull and get to the second level better than any center in the league. He's probably the most athletic C in the league. Are you really knocking the guy because he can't snap and pull like Dawson?

Why can't your boy Big Ben play like Joe Montana does in SBs? Why can't Ben read defenses pre-snap like Peyton Manning does? Ryan Clark is garbage because he can't play like Ronnie Lott. Honestly, it sounds stupid to make an argument like that.

You're comparing a really good player (Pouncey) to quite possibly the best C in the history of the game. I can make that argument with every position on the team. Heck, I can make that argument with EVERY position, on EVERY team in the league.
    Bravo 09---Some of the best advice given recently on this board. The board does not benefit from anyone being an attention whore who has to contest every single post.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Who they play doesn't mean anything more for the #1 ranked defense than the #21st ranked scoring offense...

Why? Because, usually, both the offense and defense play the same team...

Legend

User Info Menu

Why can't your boy Big Ben play like Joe Montana does in SBs?
    Mr. Administrator, this thread is about Steelers offensive linemen, not their HOF QB.

Please show respect and don't hijack the thread.

You're welcome.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mr. Administrator, this thread is about Steelers offensive linemen, not their HOF QB.

Please show respect and don't hijack the thread.

You're welcome.
    You really are a tool.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ryan Clark is garbage because he can't play like Ronnie Lott.

No, Ryan Clark is garbage because as the last line of defense as the free safety? He rarely gets over in time on deep balls to break up a pass.

The Steelers defense hasn't had a free safety like that since Darren Perry.

Legend

User Info Menu

They could turn out to be the best combo in the NFL. Pouncey is still a big question mark in regards to being the best. In order to be the best, you need to produce on big stages and that means the playoffs. Pouncey hasn't proven that he can stay healthy for that long. Being the best for the majority of the season does no good if he's hurt and on the sidelines for the biggest games (i.e. the playoffs)
    Playoff performance is important when arguing who is the best QB in the NFL, but for other positions like center...not so much.

Is Jared Allen less of a DE because he only has played in 3 career playoff games?

Is Maurice Jones-Drew less of a RB because he only has played in 2 career playoff games?

Is Calvin Johnson less of a WR because he only has played in 1 career playoff game?

Is Joe Thomas less of an OT because he hasn't played in any career playoff games?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.