Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: DeCastro and Pouncey Could Become the best G/C Combo in the NFL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Way wah wah

Rookie

User Info Menu

Second team All Pro as a rookie, first team All Pro in 2011...

I'm all for keeping Pouncey where he is...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Second team All Pro as a rookie, first team All Pro in 2011...

I'm all for keeping Pouncey where he is...
    Only an idiot would want him moved.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd say center...the guy who makes the line calls and sets the tone for the rest of the linemen...is probably a bit more important of a spot to have your best player at than LG.

Wouldn't Pouncey and his quick feet and run-blocking ability just be wasted at LG in the new pass-first NFL anyways, especially if the Steelers adopt the 3 WR base set that Crash likes to preach so much?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    And colon should never step foot on the field. But gotta make your boy happy and let ONE of his besties be on the team
    I hope Colon is a resounding success at guard...he never impressed me that much at tackle.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd say center...the guy who makes the line calls and sets the tone for the rest of the linemen

And yet, the much maligned run game, was pretty solid, in their last two playoff games wasn't it?

Pouncey didn't play, and thus, didn't make the calls did he?

Legend

User Info Menu

Um, not sure if you are aware of this, but you can RUN out of a 3 wide base offense as well.

Just like this guy did:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ8PgEZNjjw[/URL]

Notice which linemen sprung him, the LEFT guard. Where Pouncey IMO should be.
    Last edited by Crash; 07-09-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And if they don't because 65,011 people know what's coming? Make sure to blame the new OC who's from Pittsburgh just like the old one.
    ...and Dick Lebeau and Art II as well, right?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And yet, the much maligned run game, was pretty solid, in their last two playoff games wasn't it?

Pouncey didn't play, and thus, didn't make the calls did he? [/COLOR]

Denver was the 22nd best run defense last year, giving up 126.3 yds/game. The RBs ran for 122 yards, although at a very high 6.77 ypc.
    Green Bay was the 18th best run defense in 2012, giving up 114.9 yds/game. The RBs ran for 95 yards at a pretty darn good 5 ypc.

Sure the running games produced, but they weren't world beating performances considering who they were playing against and the game situations. The Steelers were playing from behind in pass heavy games, and the defenses they were playing weren't all that concerned about stopping the run as much as the pass.

Rookie

User Info Menu

They fell behind 14-0 in the 1st quarter in GB after throwing a pick 6...

Though what that has to do with Pouncey and DeCastro being the best C/G combo in the league, I don't know...