Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dermontti Dawson & Bubby Brister among latest to join concussion lawsuits against NFL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If all it ever turns out to be is health care like veterans get through the VA then I will gladly admit I'm wrong, but the cynic in me believes we will see a claim for "pain and suffering" that will result in money changing hands.
    And also remember that the plaintiffs attorneys haven't been canvassing for names to add to the suit for nothing. They aren't playing for the love of the game here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lack of focus, memory loss, trouble sleeping, mood swings, lack of sex drive, desire to do the everyday stuff in life, etc............ They just described me and correct me if I'm wrong......I believe that's called getting older.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Lack of focus, memory loss, trouble sleeping, mood swings, lack of sex drive, desire to do the everyday stuff in life, etc............ They just described me and correct me if I'm wrong......I believe that's called getting older.
    Low T, my man, Low T.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I'm there with you buddy. Maybe I should sure mother nature or life in general??????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yancey Thigpen heads a group of players suing helmet-maker Riddell
    Posted by Darin Gantt on July 15, 2016, 9:42 AM EDT

A week after Hall of Famer Paul Hornung filed a lawsuit against Riddell, another group of former NFL players including former Steelers wide receiver Yancey Thigpen filed their own suit against the helmet-maker.

According to the Associated Press, the lawsuit filed Thursday in Cook County Circuit Cort in Chicago says the players suffered personal and financial injuries because they were not warned about potential long-term risks.

The players are seeking more than $50,000 in damages and a jury trial.

Other players filing the suit are” Gregory Boone, Larry Brinson, Michael Butler, Craig Curry, James Harrell, Willard Harrell, Robert Harris, Carlton “Bailey” Jones, Brad Quast, Thomas “John” Reaves, John Michael Reichenbach, Adam Schreiber and Eric Wright.

Hornung sued Riddell, claiming the helmets didn’t protect him from brain injuries. He has been diagnosed with dementia, according to his lawsuit.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/15/yancey-thigpen-heads-a-group-of-players-suing-helmet-maker-riddell/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

how come these POS arent suing the pee wee league, middle school, high school and colleges that they received far more hits in than while in the nfl
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I expect many of them feel honestly justified. They did take beatings over the years, and the medical proof of the physical cost of these beatings just emerged. Their choices were uninformed, due to no fault of theirs or the leagues, but they gotta hold someone responsible I guess.

Legend

User Info Menu

im suing general motors if i get in an auto accident and get hurt............they never told me car crashes can hurt me or cause death.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    im suing general motors if i get in an auto accident and get hurt............they never told me car crashes can hurt me or cause death.

terrible analogy.

its more like sueing GM because they said airbags werent important and seatbelts were overrated.

While I think all these guys knew the risk of playing football I think the NFL lied to them about how to treat concussions. They didnt give the players the correct info and thats why players will continue to sue.

What i dont agree with is sueing once you go broke.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

The NFL had the info about concussions and actively worked to hide it...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.