Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady's Suspension Reinstated!

Legend

User Info Menu

Brady's Suspension Reinstated!

Per multiple news outlets. I have not seen the full opinion yet but look forward to reading every word of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL wins Deflategate appeal, Tom Brady suspension back on

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 25, 2016, 11:49 AM EDT

HOUSTON, TX - DECEMBER 13: Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots removes his helmet while playing against the Houston Texans in the third quarter on December 13, 2015 at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)
    Getty Images

The NFL has won the latest round in its Deflategate legal battle, and Tom Brady is once again suspended for the first four games of the season.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has ruled that the NFL does indeed have the authority to suspend Brady, overturning a lower court ruling and reinstating the four-game suspension that Brady was originally handed last year.

The league’s findings in the Deflategate investigation were that Brady was more probable than not to have ordered the Patriots’ equipment staff to deflate footballs below the minimum level of 12.5 psi. Brady has insisted that he did no such thing.

There have been so many twists and turns in the Deflategate saga that no one should assume it’s over, but at the moment the NFL has won and Brady has lost, and the Patriots appear set to start the season without their star quarterback.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/nfl-wins-deflategate-appeal-tom-brady-suspension-back-on/[/URL]
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Does this mean another SuperBowl gets an *?

Legend

User Info Menu

However, we play him week 7 this year. He should have missed game 1 against us last year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Does this mean another SuperBowl gets an *?
    It already had one...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anybody really think he gets 4 games? I could see this reduced to one game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Anybody really think he gets 4 games? I could see this reduced to one game.
    At this point, he has two options: he can ask for a rehearing of the whole second circuit, or appeal to the US Supreme Court. The US Supreme Court hears very few cases and is very pro-arbitration. The second circuit very infrequently grants an en banc rehearing - averaging about 1 per year. If a rehearing is not granted and the Supreme Court does not agree to take the case, Brady is out of options and serves it all.

On the other hand, if an en banc rehearing is granted, or if SCOTUS agrees to hear this, then perhaps the parties settle.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see any way the Supreme Court of the Nation wastes its valuable time with this nonsense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

i dont care if he serves any AS LONG AS everyone is made aware that brady and the patriots cheated.
    this ruling alone will cement the legacy of tom brady*
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would be surprised if Goodell and the NFL would give him any breaks at this point. I wouldn't. Not after the embarrassment that Brady put Goodell through last year, when they could've settled on maybe 2 games last year, and Brady just took his lumps. At this point. F him.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion