Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Webster --> Dermontti Dawson --? Maurkice Pouncey

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Pouncey has to prove to me that he can avoid recurring ankle injuries before he gets mentioned in the same sentence with Webster and Dawson. Even though I just did that
    True. Hopefully, with a lockout free offseason, he will be 100% ready to go.

I'm not sure that Pouncey will ever have the power that Dawson had - Dawson could move, and he could level defenders when he got them. That isn't meant as a knock on Pouncey at all, but I don't remember seeing a better center than Dawson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey is just a different type of center. He is an agile technician who uses what he has to it's fullest. If he stays healthy he will mentioned amongst the greatest centers in Steeler history.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Pouncey is just a different type of center. He is an agile technician who uses what he has to it's fullest. If he stays healthy he will mentioned amongst the greatest centers in Steeler history.
    The cool thing is this:

If Pouncey is mentioned amongst the greatest centers in Steelers history, that is synonymous with the greatest centers in football history...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Shawn - I wasn't knocking him. I think he can be a great center if he stays healthy (and reverses the decline in his play last year, which may well have been injury related).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

IIRC, one of the recent articles posted here on the board quoted Pouncey as saying that his ankle has never been stronger.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can't blame Pouncey for the crap surface he plays on half the year. Blame ownership for making their players put up with it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Can't blame Pouncey for the crap surface he plays on half the year. Blame ownership for making their players put up with it.
    Another misconception in your mind. The players have been asked time and time again and they always vote to play on the grass ... not the field turf.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Another misconception in your mind. The players have been asked time and time again and they always vote to play on the grass ... not the field turf.
    Where was Willie Parker playing when he broke his leg?

Where did Rashard tear his ACL?

Where did Casey tear his ACL?

What about Max?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That's what they SAY.

Then the player votes come out, and the Steelers players vote their OWN SURFACE at the worst field in the league.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Where was Willie Parker playing when he broke his leg?

Where did Rashard tear his ACL?

Where did Casey tear his ACL?

What about Max?
    Exactly.

All except ONE of those, was on GRASS.

Grass isn't the cure all people think it is.

You have all this speed on offense, and come December and January their own field slows it down.