Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Steelers Fantasy Football league

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Planet Steelers Fantasy Football league

It's about that time again to start looking in to the fantasy football leagues on Yahoo. As always, last years players will have first dibs on a spot in this years league.

It looks like some players from last year have become pretty minimal posters on the board, but I'm pretty sure it will send an email when I renew the league.

The teams and/or managers in the league I set up were:

Myself
    eniparadoxgma
    Hostile squirrels
    Iron Shiek
    Chadman
    Kiwi
    Asian
    PsychoWard
    Ruthless
    Smash's Steelers
    SF in TO
    Toe Jam Football

If you want to play again then leave a message here and claim your spot!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm in, of course...I wonder if the start of fantasy season will draw the likes of Kiwi Sarah back onto the board...and that Asian fellow as well...I hope he didn't retire from the board when Hines Ward retired from the Steelers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm in, of course...I wonder if the start of fantasy season will draw the likes of Kiwi Sarah back onto the board...and that Asian fellow as well...I hope he didn't retire from the board when Hines Ward retired from the Steelers.
    You rang?

As much as I LOVE being whipped by you boys, new motherhood has kept me firmly out of the football loop the last couple of months. I'll let someone knowledgeable take my spot so you can beat up on them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah View Post
    You rang?

As much as I LOVE being whipped by you boys, new motherhood has kept me firmly out of the football loop the last couple of months. I'll let someone knowledgeable take my spot so you can beat up on them.

congrats on the motherhood, Kiwi!

alright pfelix, that means there is a spot open for you if you haven't already joined the Mt. Mama league. PM me with you email if you want it!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In!... as usual

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Add me, please...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am down to play. I'll be around here more now that we are getting closer to the season!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was in a different league, but ran by someone here as well. can't remember who, sorry..... If they start it up again, I'm in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I was in a different league, but ran by someone here as well. can't remember who, sorry..... If they start it up again, I'm in.
    Jooser and the Mt. Mama League. Hopefully he is willing to run his again and we can sister them out and battle it out with dual leagues again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have renewed the league and sent invites to last years players...check your emails and the password to sign up should be there, if it is not someone please let me know and I will give that out.

The live draft is set for August 25th at 8:30 PM eastern time.

Scoring settings will be carried over from last year's league.

New for this year:

KEEPER LEAGUE!

Every team will be allowed to designate two players as their keeper players. By doing so you will sacrifice your pick in the round you selected that player last year. If you picked the player up as an undrafted player then you be designated as drafting that player in the last round (or last two rounds) of the draft. I can edit draft order and put players in place, so that will all be accounted for before the draft occurs and the list of keeper players and their draft position will be posted for everyone to see.

The deadline for designating keeper players in Monday, August 20th, one week before the draft.

DRAFT ORDER:

This years draft order will be randomly assigned, and I will have that done as soon as all the spots are filled.

Deadline for 'advanced registration':

Last years players have first dibs on registration, and any spots not accepted before 11:59 PM eastern time on Monday, August 13th, will be offered to players in the order in which they express interest in this thread. New players taking the spot of last years participants will be randomly assigned a vacated roster from last years league from which to select their 2 keeper players.

Please respond to this thread with any questions, comments, or concerns about the way the league is set up.