If they are considering Semin, I hope it is only for one year at this point...if everything works out and he's a good little soldier, then worry about a longer deal later...I don't want to be married to a potential head-case (regardless of the talent) without giving him the ol' one year test drive to make sure that he does not poison the locker room. At this point, I would prefer Doan (who may not have Semin's scoring touch, but is a better two-way player and a top-notch locker room guy), or trading for one of the big fish that may be available.

Reports Of Alexander Semin Signing With Penguins Are Premature
Jul 10 10:13a
by Adam Stites

On Tuesday morning came reports from Sportsnet that former-Capitals winger Alexander Semin has come to an agreement with the Penguins on a one-year deal. However, those reports appear to be premature and based on very little sourced information, making the likelihood of the reports being true very slim.

The Pens Blog took a look at the circumstances regarding the report and why they believe it is based upon "false rumors from two nights ago." Among the questionable nature of the report is the fact that Penguins general manager Ray Shero spoke to Dan Rosen on Monday and said he wasn't particularly "bonkers" about signing anyone right now.

Semin has spent all seven years of his NHL career with the Washington Capitals, but is now a free agent that has reportedly been interested in signing with the Penguins, but for a long-term deal.
[URL]http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-capitals/2012/7/10/3148959/nhl-free-agency-2012-alexander-semin-capitals-penguins[/URL]