Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to hate the Pats: Kraft to push for London Franchise

Legend

User Info Menu

Another reason to hate the Pats: Kraft to push for London Franchise

“I personally think we should have a franchise in London and that is something I am going to push for,” Kraft said. “I think I said that the last time we were over here in 2009 and before this next decade is out, I hope we have a team here. I think that would be right for the NFL and this fan base has proven they deserve it.

[URL]http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/28/new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-nfl-london/?sct=hp_t2_a12&eref=sihp[/URL]

This would blow. What a scheduling nightmare trying to work around a team across the pond. Hopefully the other owners tell him to STFU.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kraft is Goodell's boy. So my guess is it would happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    “I personally think we should have a franchise in London and that is something I am going to push for,” Kraft said. “I think I said that the last time we were over here in 2009 and before this next decade is out, I hope we have a team here. I think that would be right for the NFL and this fan base has proven they deserve it.

[URL]http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/28/new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-nfl-london/?sct=hp_t2_a12&eref=sihp[/URL]

This would blow. What a scheduling nightmare trying to work around a team across the pond. Hopefully the other owners tell him to STFU.
    Maybe they ought to move the Patriots to London...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Won't happen...

A team in London means an even larger fan base and more lucrative TV contracts...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Maybe they ought to move the Patriots to London...

I would say good riddance. That franchise can't compete with fans of Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Football i mean soccer is their first love. Followed by Cricket and Rugby.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This overseas/expansion fascination is another good reason to dislike goodell. He is the opposite of king Midas, everything he touches turns into a smelly brown substance.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

I would say good riddance. That franchise can't compete with fans of Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Football i mean soccer is their first love. Followed by Cricket and Rugby.

I think you are wrong, Football (Soccer) will always be our first love, but I think it could equate to the level of Cricket and Rugby. Personally I think there is enough for two, I love the Steelers as much as I do Nott'm Forest ..... It would take off over here, but I still think it would be a bad idea, as much as I'd love to see games on a regular basis, it just wouldn't work.

Legend

User Info Menu

What if league took the teams who have difficulty selling out their stadiums, and scheduled half their games internationally? Off the top of my head, there are the Bengals, Chargers, Bills, and all three of the Florida teams. Those teams would likely be better able to sell out 4 regular season home games in this economy (since they haven't had success in selling out 8 home games in recent seasons). Their money-grubbing owners could also potentially benefit from an international partnership (ticket sales, merchandise sales, international TV rights, etc.).

It would suck for the players for sure, but they could play 2 international games back-to-back early in the season and the other 2 international games back-to-back later in the season. They'd be staying in a foreign country for a week between those games to practice, but if it was organized in that manner, there would only be 2 big trips per season (as opposed to the nightmare travel schedule that a full-time London franchise would have to put up with).

You could have the London-Tampa Buccanneers, the Berlin-Jacksonville Jaguars, the Amsterdam-Miami Dolphins, the Toronto-Buffalo Bills, the Montreal-Cincinnati Bengals, and the Tokyo-San Diego Chargers (or something like that). Granted, this is a flippy-like, wild, stream-of-consciousness, off-the-top-of-my-head idea (frankly, I prefer things the way they are without international expansion), but I could potentially see sports franchises doing something like this in the future (the Bills are almost there already...granted, it's a pretty simple commute between Buffalo and Toronto, but still, that basic idea could spawn similar ideas like this...don't the owners of the Bucs also own a soccer franchise or two over in Europe?)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    This overseas/expansion fascination is another good reason to dislike goodell. He is the opposite of king Midas, everything he touches turns into a smelly brown substance.
    He has made the owners more money than they ever had. That is his job so he is very much King Midas to them and they are all that matters.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"