Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta break the rules for big news...the Pens have traded Jordan Staal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta break the rules for big news...the Pens have traded Jordan Staal

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/penguins-deal-c-jordan-staal-004702939--nhl.html;_ylt=Agf6lU5W4faoONCRXZ2aOwZ7vLYF[/URL]

in return they got another center, Brandon Sutter, who was the 11th overall pick in 2007 and has had decent numbers that past couple years. They also got a defenseman and the #8 draft pick which they used to select an offensive defensemen, Derrick Pouliot.

Legend

User Info Menu

And they got Maatta at #22 and he may be even better than Pouliot.

Now rumors floating that they want to trade a D man and go after Parise for Sid (They are best friends).

Staal wanted a bigger role, can't fault him for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Staal wanted a bigger role, can't fault him for that.

or for wanting to play with his brothers in Carolina.

the Pens actually got very good value for a guy who wasn't going to sign a long-term extension with us.

now if we could only do the same type of trade for Mike Wallace...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually think this is a good topic for the board to discuss.

I LOVE how the Penguins played this. They made Staal an offer that would make him a rich man for the rest of his life. He turned them down and indicated he wanted to keep his options open. Next step, the Penguins say SEE YA!!!!!!! Guess what, the Penguins got value back.

Mike Wallace take note. IMO I hope the Steelers do Wallace the exact same way. Make him a decent offer and if he rejects them...SEE YA!!!! It's about the team and managing the cap. It should never be about any single player and where he perceives his value compared to other players. If Wallace indicates he is going to contrary in negotiations then give him "the Staal" and ship him out and we will get value back. We will move on and we will succeed.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Pens now seem to have too many defensemen. I would love to get Zach Parise on the Penguins roster. Paul Martin would be a great one to trade back to the Devils if they would take him.

I wouldn't want to trade Orpik, Letang, Michalek, or Despres though. The rest can be trade bait.

Legend

User Info Menu

parise is a UFA july 1st

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hahaha yeah I just found that out from Ruthless on the NHL forum....along with the fact that they traded Michalek yesterday too. I thought Parise was in the same situation as Staal with one year left, but this makes it a heck of a lot easier to get him on the team now!

Legend

User Info Menu

They are trying to trade Martin.

Apparently Sid, Parise, and Ryan Suter are all close, and that's Shero's plan. To bring them all in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    They are trying to trade Martin.

Apparently Sid, Parise, and Ryan Suter are all close, and that's Shero's plan. To bring them all in.
    Would be a great plan. Trading Martin isn't going to be easy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Trade him for a bag of pucks at this point.