Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gotta break the rules for big news...the Pens have traded Jordan Staal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Nobody gave me a chance! I'm only 5-6 1/2 with bad knees!

are you missing the ACL in your left knee?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL - Did you know you have to type at least 10 characters? Dang, I can't share my laughs anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You compared my consistency with Roger Goodell. And since I am well aware of what you think of Roger Goodell, that would be considered an insult of the highest order, no?

Anyway, back on topic...you mentioned getting a RB in return in a trade for Wallace. The Texans just signed Arian Foster to a new 5 year deal worth $43.5M ($20.75M guaranteed). After missing his rookie year due to injury, Ben Tate showed what he is capable of last season, rushing 175 times for 942 yards (5.4 YPC avg) and 4 TD's. Last season, Rashard Mendenhall rushed 228 times for 928 yards (4.1 YPC avg) and 9 TD's. So Tate outrushed Mendenhall, even though Mendenhall had over 50 more attempts (Mendenhall had 15 starts, Tate had 2 starts).

The Texans need someone to stretch the field opposite Andre Johnson (Kevin Walter is a possession guy, not a deep threat). Houston will be okay with Justin Forsett as the primary backup behind Foster, and we could even throw in, say, Jonathan Dwyer to be their #3 RB for further depth. In exchange for that, we could request their 4th round pick in the draft a couple of months ago, WR Keshawn Martin (who we brought to Pittsburgh for a pre-draft visit), to be our #4 WR behind Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.

WR Mike Wallace and RB Jonathan Dwyer for RB Ben Tate and WR Keshawn Martin. I would still rather keep Wallace, but I figured I'd throw it out there as an alternate to Percy Harvin for the time being.
    Well thought out. I could buy a deal like that versus way overpaying Wallace and screwing up the cap.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Camp's only a month away...you better write your username on a piece of tape and stick it to the top of your computer monitor.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.