Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gotta break the rules for big news...the Pens have traded Jordan Staal

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Nobody gave me a chance! I'm only 5-6 1/2 with bad knees!

are you missing the ACL in your left knee?

Legend
    LOL - Did you know you have to type at least 10 characters? Dang, I can't share my laughs anymore.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You compared my consistency with Roger Goodell. And since I am well aware of what you think of Roger Goodell, that would be considered an insult of the highest order, no?

Anyway, back on topic...you mentioned getting a RB in return in a trade for Wallace. The Texans just signed Arian Foster to a new 5 year deal worth $43.5M ($20.75M guaranteed). After missing his rookie year due to injury, Ben Tate showed what he is capable of last season, rushing 175 times for 942 yards (5.4 YPC avg) and 4 TD's. Last season, Rashard Mendenhall rushed 228 times for 928 yards (4.1 YPC avg) and 9 TD's. So Tate outrushed Mendenhall, even though Mendenhall had over 50 more attempts (Mendenhall had 15 starts, Tate had 2 starts).

The Texans need someone to stretch the field opposite Andre Johnson (Kevin Walter is a possession guy, not a deep threat). Houston will be okay with Justin Forsett as the primary backup behind Foster, and we could even throw in, say, Jonathan Dwyer to be their #3 RB for further depth. In exchange for that, we could request their 4th round pick in the draft a couple of months ago, WR Keshawn Martin (who we brought to Pittsburgh for a pre-draft visit), to be our #4 WR behind Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.

WR Mike Wallace and RB Jonathan Dwyer for RB Ben Tate and WR Keshawn Martin. I would still rather keep Wallace, but I figured I'd throw it out there as an alternate to Percy Harvin for the time being.
    Well thought out. I could buy a deal like that versus way overpaying Wallace and screwing up the cap.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Camp's only a month away...you better write your username on a piece of tape and stick it to the top of your computer monitor.