Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta break the rules for big news...the Pens have traded Jordan Staal

Legend
    Sid is close with Parise, who is close with Sutter. The rumor floating around is Sid will take less, and wants those two to do it also so they can play together in Pittsburgh.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Sid is close with Parise, who is close with Sutter. The rumor floating around is Sid will take less, and wants those two to do it also so they can play together in Pittsburgh.
    I'm assuming you mean Suter (Ryan, the Nashville defenseman we will be trying to sign next week) and not Sutter (Brandon, the former Carolina center we obtained in the Staal trade on Friday).

Legend
    Suter from Nashville.

Where do you hear all these rumors, Crash? Do you spend all day and night scanning the web for any inkling of chatter or do you have some sources who like to talk a lot?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Suter (Ryan, the Nashville defenseman we will be trying to sign next week) and not Sutter (Brandon, the former Carolina center we obtained in the Staal trade on Friday).
    Mr. Admin Sir, this is the Steelers forum. Not the Pens forum. If my Big 33 classic reminder was moved THE SAME DAY it was posted in mere minutes, then there is no reason for this PENGUINS topic to remain here for over 2 days after the first round was completed.

Can I consider this my "warning" to you?

Two more and you take it somewhere else, right?

Don't be like Roger Goodell. Hold EVERYONE to the same standards.
    Last edited by Crash; 06-25-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Mr. Admin Sir, this is the Steelers forum. Not the Pens forum. If my Big 33 classic reminder was moved THE SAME DAY it was posted in mere minutes, then there is no reason for this PENGUINS topic to remain here for over 2 days after the first round was completed.

Dude, get over yourself...

You shouldn't s*%t where you eat.

Legend
    This is a bummer. Staal was my favorite.

But good for him. Time to get out of Crosby/Malkin's shadow. He's a star. Carolina is gonna be a major force for years to come.

And good job by the Pens in getting a lot out of the trade and freeing up some money. But I think at the end of the day, Carolina may have gotten the better deal.

At least I'll get to see him in NC.

Legend
    Penguins were never going to be able to keep Crosby, Malkin and Staal long term. They did the right thing by trading one of the three when the value was high and they got a good return back and cleared salary space to add more talent. Steelers take note!!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Not that I have to justify my actions to someone who, while on thin ice as it ice, thinks it's a good idea to insult not only one but TWO mods (fordfixer can ban you just as easily as I can), but I'll do it anyway. I was posting on the Staal thread on the NHL forum before I realized that there was even a thread about that trade over here as well. When I noticed that, I was about to merge the two threads together in the NHL forum, but then I read through it and saw that Ovie was comparing the Pens three-center situation and tight salary cap to the Steelers three-wideout situation and tight salary cap. Suddenly, this thread was relevant to Steeler Talk, and therefore I allowed it to stay here.