Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to play in Ireland?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    If Rooney allows this team to be Goodell's sideshow for a week? He has no loyalty to his players and he's basically Goodell's man-servant. After everything Goodell has done to this team since he became commish? The last thing I would be doing is favors for "the shield".

I think you are missing the main point here though Crash...

with Dan Rooney proudly serving as the US ambassador to Ireland since 2009, he WANTS to play in Ireland.

this has nothing whatsoever to do with doing Roger Goodell a favor.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

with Dan Rooney proudly serving as the US ambassador to Ireland since 2009, he WANTS to play in Ireland.

What he wants shouldn't matter in this instance. Should be left up to his players. Those whole trips are a traveling circus. It's not like you fly over on Friday and play Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...in your opinion.

Dan, apparently, has a different opinion entirely...

Hey Slap you are acting like you are new here. Everyone knows that Crash's opinion is the only one that matters here (well in his mind anyway) and if you disagree with him (about anything really) then you are just one of the uneducated idiot Yinzers.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 06-23-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Crash is actually missing the point in a number of ways. The Steelers are nothing without the NFL. That is a fact. Helping the NFL will ultimately benefit the Steelers. The Rooneys are not going to do something to spite the NFL - why would they? It's the old cut off your nose to spite your face.

Moreover, Hawaiian, you are absolutely right that Dan Rooney would be proud to have his team play in Ireland. If the players don't like it -- tough. That is the way the world works. If my employer needs me to do something, I do it, whether I like it or not. For most people who have a boss and value their employment, it is pretty much the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why do we NEED to play in Ireland? Is the NFL going to expand there? No.

How does this HELP the NFL? Is the NFL in danger of going under if they don't play there? No.

This game isn't needed at all. All it does, is disrupt your own teams preparation for a game.

Rookie

User Info Menu

What he wants shouldn't matter in this instance. Should be left up to his players. Those whole trips are a traveling circus. It's not like you fly over on Friday and play Sunday.
    The players can cash their checks and be happy...

Legend

User Info Menu

The players can cash their checks and be happy...
    They cash their same checks playing 8 regular season road games on US soil.

If that's the only argument you have? You got nothing. Again, that's the talk of a shill.

Rookie

User Info Menu

They cash their same checks playing 8 regular season road games on US soil.

If that's the only argument you have? You got nothing. Again, that's the talk of a shill.
    If you say so...

It's sweet that you feel sorry for the professional football players because they might have to play a game in Ireland because their boss wants them too...

Heck, a few years ago, you would have said, "If they don't like playing in Ireland? Cut them!"

Even Crash can change...

Legend

User Info Menu

If you say so...

It's sweet that you feel sorry for the professional football players because they might have to play a game in Ireland because their boss wants them too
    And if they go there and get blasted? You'll be the first guy on this board blaming it on the travel.

It's pointless. It's not needed.

Rookie

User Info Menu

And if they go there and get blasted? You'll be the first guy on this board blaming it on the travel.
    Okay, let's make a bet:

If the Steelers play in Europe and get blasted, I bet that I will not be the first one on the board blaming it on the travel...

If I am, I'll leave the board forever...

If I'm not, you leave the board forever...

Do we have a deal?