Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Steelers Give Kicker Jeff Reed Another Chance?

Legend

User Info Menu

Crash, I dislike Suisham as much as the next guy, but if Reed is still a capable NFL kicker, why was he unemployed last year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    So making 9 of 10 kicks after leaving Pittsburgh proved that he "lost it"?

The bridges were so burned that the Steelers allowed him access to their building last season to visit teammates and to workout and kick on their indoor field on his own time.
    No, trying out for a team like the Seahawks and not playing at all last year proves he lost it.
    yall make lebeau, who fields the best defense in the league year after year, look like he lost it, but can't see it in a kicker? Really?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Crash, I dislike Suisham as much as the next guy, but if Reed is still a capable NFL kicker, why was he unemployed last year?
    Seattle cut him because they didn't like his kickoffs, and I'm sure his reputation hurt him a tad no doubt.

But if what he's saying is accurate, that he works out with a PT and he's trying to get back in the league and he and Colbert are on speaking terms? We'd be foolish not to at least let him compete for the job.

If things being said out of frustration were that "important" Hines Ward should have been cut 10 years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    No, trying out for a team like the Seahawks and not playing at all last year proves he lost it.
    yall make lebeau, who fields the best defense in the league year after year, look like he lost it, but can't see it in a kicker? Really?
    Year after year our 4th quarter defense struggles. If you worried about WHAT I write, rather than WHO is writing it you would see that the 4th quarter "scheme" is my only issue with LeBeau.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Year after year our 4th quarter defense struggles. If you worried about WHAT I write, rather than WHO is writing it you would see that the 4th quarter "scheme" is my only issue with LeBeau.
    Our 4th quarter defense struggles so much that it was 1st in fewest points allowed for the quarter.

... but I do agree with you about Reed. If his FG kicking is back to form he should get the job. The guy was money when a game was on the line for a number of years. We would have to put up with his sucky kickoffs again.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Our 4th quarter defense struggles so much that it was 1st in fewest points allowed for the quarter
    JFC really? You are going to DEFEND them? Have you been WATCHING how they play in the 4th quarter?

Legend

User Info Menu

Seattle cut him because they didn't like his kickoffs, and I'm sure his reputation hurt him a tad no doubt.
    That explains Seattle, but none of the other GM though enough of him to give him a job.

I liked Reed when he was here, and I was fine with the short kickoffs in exchange for somebody who was all but automatic from inside 45 yards. But his last season, he was no longer automatic. Inconsistency, weak kickoffs and the other issues -- I think it's time to move on.

Legend

User Info Menu

But to not even give him a LOOK? That's stupid.

Legend

User Info Menu

JFC really? You are going to DEFEND them? Have you been WATCHING how they play in the 4th quarter?
    Have you watched how opposing offenses attacked them differently in the 4th quarter?

You say everyone gives the defense a pass and blames the offense but all you do is the exact opposite.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd pay more attention to it, if you looked at both sides of the coin. 4th quarter defense is an issue, just like situational football on offense. The biggest issue for me when it comes to gripes about lebeau is that the league wants more points. Some people don't understand that lebeau is being schemed against by the rules committee not just the opposition.