Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Percy Harvin to the Steelers??

Legend

User Info Menu

Percy Harvin to the Steelers??

I have nothing here, but wanted to be the first to bring it up.

So he wants out of Minn. So do the Vikings, really.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

It would a crime to have Harvin, Wallace, Brown and Sanders. That might be the best set of wrs to ever take field.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could the Pittsburgh Steelers Deal Mike Wallace to Minnesota Vikings?

June 19, 2012

Mike Wallace Ben Roethlisberger #7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers celebrates a second quarter touchdown pass with Mike Wallace while playing the Cleveland Browns on October 17, 2010 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

With a left tackle and a running back in place the time has come for the Minnesota Vikings to give their young quarterback a wide receiver. Do they have the ammo to take Mike Wallace from the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Jerome Simpson isn't enough to help Percy Harvin with Christian Ponder

The NFC championship heartbreak in 2009 seems so far away for Vikings fans. Gone is the Brett Favre magic, replaced by rebuilding reality. Hopes sit uneasily on the shoulders of quarterback Christian Ponder who came out of the draft with questions and hasn't had enough time to answer them. Worse yet the best offensive weapon Minnesota has in running back Adrian Peterson hasn't fully recovered from a torn ACL and MCL in his knee. That puts more pressure on Ponder and a suspect group of wide receivers to carry the load until he's back healthy. The Vikings do have a budding star in Percy Harvin but their hopes of giving him help settled on the acrobatic but erratic Jerome Simpson. It was Harvin who voiced his anger about where the team is. It's not clear what upsets him but from the way he says things must get sorted out before training camp it's easy to think he isn't satisfied with what the Minnesota Vikings coaches and front office have done. Would getting him some help in the passing game ease the fury?

Steelers risk angering Ben Roethlisberger if they don't get Wallace back

Minnesota sits in a tough spot. Not only is their roster filled with question marks but the team also signed a new lease to stay in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers know all about that, expecting another season battling Baltimore and Cincinnati for playoff spots. That's why the team tries week after week to get Pro Bowl receiver Mike Wallace signed to either his franchise tender or a long-term deal. Neither offer suits the receiver, so his holdout continues. Team captain and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger isn't happy about it. He, more than anybody, knows what Wallace can do and believes the Steelers will need his talent and speed to stay on top. Management says the team wants to pay him but salary cap problems and a debate on Wallace's worth has created a deadlock. Unless he signs the tender or a deal gets worked out they risk losing him to free agency next season. That means they might have to lower their price in trade talks. Minnesota has both the cap and draft picks that could interest Pittsburgh. Wallace would go to team that plays indoors where speed counts for everything and give Ponder another reliable target besides Harvin.

Mike Wallace expects to stay with the Pittsburgh Steelers but if Ben Roethlisberger is right it won't happen until they pay him properly. The Minnesota Vikings settled for Jerome Simpson to help Christian Ponder, which didn't impress Percy Harvin. If the team wants to avoid rebuilding beyond 2012 they might want to think about a trade.

[URL="http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981415242"]http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981415242[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't Harvin and Rainey be essentially the same player? Why would we give up something to get Harvin. I guess Harvin is listed as a WR and Rainey as a RB but their skillsets look very similar to me.

The interesting question is who would you want Harvin or Wallace. Harvin is #3 in the league in All Purpose yards since 2009 with 5,821 yards and 24 TDs. During the same time Wallace has accounted for 3,376 yards and 24 TDs.

If Harvin was offered as apart of a trade for Wallace would you think about it??????
    Last edited by Oviedo; 06-21-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wouldn't Harvin and Rainey be essentially the same player? Why would we give up something to get Harvin. I guess Harvin is listed as a WR and Rainey as a RB but their skillsets look very similar to me.

The interesting question is who would you want Harvin or Wallace. Harvin is #3 in the league in All Purpose yards since 2009 with 5,821 yards and 24 TDs. During the same time Wallace has accounted for 3,376 yards and 24 TDs.

If Harvin was offered as apart of a trade for Wallace would you think about it??????
    It depends on the other part. I'm not sure that I'd like having Harvin, Brown and Sanders as the top 3 WRs. If the Steelers replace Wallace, I would prefer that it be with another deep threat or a bigger guy.

Also, there had to be something behind Harvin's limited snaps last year. He is an exciting talent and a fun player to watch, but I would prefer either draft picks or a more traditional WR if the Steelers move on from Wallace.

As for Wallace, if a long term deal isn't reached, I think he waits until the last minute and reports for week 1. I think he plays under the tender to increase his value for next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    It depends on the other part. I'm not sure that I'd like having Harvin, Brown and Sanders as the top 3 WRs. If the Steelers replace Wallace, I would prefer that it be with another deep threat or a bigger guy.

Also, there had to be something behind Harvin's limited snaps last year. He is an exciting talent and a fun player to watch, but I would prefer either draft picks or a more traditional WR if the Steelers move on from Wallace.

As for Wallace, if a long term deal isn't reached, I think he waits until the last minute and reports for week 1. I think he plays under the tender to increase his value for next year.
    IIRC Harvin had a rib injury last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Harvin stays injured though... great utility guy but I think we have a few Harvin's (Brown, Sanders and Rainey) on our team already.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not interested. Great talent, but the migraine thing and a bit of an injury history coupled with an attitude turns me away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Harvin stays injured though... great utility guy but I think we have a few Harvin's (Brown, Sanders and Rainey) on our team already.

Not sure that is true. Harvin plays hurt. Here are their stats since 2009:

Harvin: 45 regular season games-401 touches
    Wallace: 48 regular season games-187 touches

Harvin has only missed 3 games more than Wallace and has had the ball in his hands 214 more times. Not sure we would lose anything with Harvin. May actually gain something. Just throwing it out for thought.

Harvin definitely isn't a "one-trick pony."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope not. Another jack of all trades and master of none player. He is talented but he is not a polished WR or a RB. Also he has injuries issues.

If Steelers have to pay money, I would role my dice with Mike Wallace.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT