Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Percy Harvin to the Steelers??

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    The Vikings aren't trading Harvin. Just try naming another Viking wideout without looking it up on Google. Is that how they should develop their young QB in Christian Ponder, by trading his only receiving weapon away?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not sure that is true. Harvin plays hurt. Here are their stats since 2009:

Harvin: 45 regular season games-401 touches
    Wallace: 48 regular season games-187 touches

Harvin has only missed 3 games more than Wallace and has had the ball in his hands 214 more times. Not sure we would lose anything with Harvin. May actually gain something. Just throwing it out for thought.

Harvin definitely isn't a "one-trick pony."
    that's a lot of touches... no wonder he stays dinged up. He must do KR and PR duties...

Hall of Famer
    It depends on what the situation with Wallace really is. If the Steelers don't believe Wallace will sign a reasonable contract and may hold out into the season (like Vincent Jackson). Then, they should consider trading him. I'm not sure Harvin and a draft pick would be a good trade for the Steelers. I'd ask for Greg Childs (good receiver with great size), Jarious Wright (who has great downfield speed), and a second round pick -- or their 2013 first rounder. But, that is only if the Wallace situation looks unresolvable.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

That's a difficult questoin.

Harvin and a 3rd round pick maybe....I'd rather get something now than possibly lose him next year.

It really depends... if Wallace wants upwards of 45-50 million over 5 years and they aren't making much progress then yes, I'd be up for a trade.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That's a difficult questoin.

Harvin and a 3rd round pick maybe....I'd rather get something now than possibly lose him next year.

It really depends... if Wallace wants upwards of 45-50 million over 5 years and they aren't making much progress then yes, I'd be up for a trade.
    I agree. The minute Wallace's demands go over $8M per year then I'm thinking about an exit strategy. I know many of his supporters will jump in and say that is too low for the "current market" however just because other teams are stupid doesn't mean we need to be too.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. The minute Wallace's demands go over $8M per year then I'm thinking about an exit strategy. I know many of his supporters will jump in and say that is too low for the "current market" however just because other teams are stupid doesn't mean we need to be too.
    Agreed. 8 million per season would be my max as well.

Legend
    8 Mill is too much IMO... 8 Mill is what you give a guy who is the primary weapon on a team that has bums at RB and the 2-4WR positions...

8 Mill is what you give a guy who wills your team to victory in the playoffs.

8 mill is not what you give a guy who thinks the playoffs means take plays off. LOL...

Seriously though...I would be real upset if we gave him 8 mill. I've seen too many "who is that" at WR these last 10 years in Pittsburgh. You can find talent